Do you possess strong technical background with a high degree of appreciation with game design? Are you laser focused on details yet think beyond the current state? If so, let’s connect and talk! We’re looking for someone like you to join our team as Backend Engineer.
As one of the world’s leaders in AAA console quality games for mobile devices, Kabam merges the art of game design and the science of consumer behavior to create immersive games. More specifically, our Vancouver Studio is the creator of two smashing hits – Marvel: Contest of Champions and Fast & Furious Legacy. While our dedicated and passionate team is the driver behind the success of our games, it's the close-knit and fun-loving culture that defines our competitive advantage.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Ideate, architect, and implement scalable back-end systems for project needs
- Collaborate with other programmers on integration and support tasks
- Act upon feedback from stakeholders to refine and hone features
- Work closely with producers, designers and other programmers in a highly collaborative agile environment
- Other ad-hoc projects and/or requirements may arise as requested
Culture and teamwork are something we fight hard to maintain in our team, so willingness to communicate ideas openly, collaborate with other team members, and become an owner to all your tasks is absolutely necessary. Having said that, we are still a fun bunch; your quirkiness will be celebrated, and curious minds will be rewarded here. Our desks are full of gadgets and little figurines we’ve collected over the years, there are random drawings you’ll see in meeting rooms, and you will often see dogs (and humans) running around the cozy home we call office.
Adding to the ingredient of success, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in similar capacity, preferable in game industry
- Strong understanding of both relational and non-relational databases
- Proficiency in Unity3D, C/C++/C#
- Deep knowledge of back-end server language
- Up-to-date understanding of the latest mobile gaming trends
- Familiarity with mobile free-to-play games and mobile best practices
- Proven track record to working independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
For those who want to take it up a notch, we’d love to see you having:
- js and MongoDB experience
- Passion for games of all sorts is a big plus!
Sounds like the opportunity for you? Click on Apply Now and tell us more about you.
We thank you for your interest in this position and look forward to starting off a conversation with you.
Kabam creates, develops, and publishes massively multiplayer games that are available to a global audience on mobile devices via its own dedicated channel in the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore. Kabam has created six titles that have grossed more than $100 million each in their life. Kabam has more than 700 employees around the world, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company is valued at more than $1 billion, and its investors include Alibaba, Canaan Partners, Google, MGM, Intel, Pinnacle Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Warner Bros. and others. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com.
Back to top