Accounting Manager/Sr. Accountant
Team: The Finance group is a cohesive worldwide team with a wide range of responsibility including internal and external financial reporting, accounting, financial planning, tax, treasury and internal controls. We are focused on building and delivering a best of breed function through efficient processes and deploying advanced tools. We believe in hiring team members with the DNA to meet the current needs of a fast-growing pre-IPO private company while expanding our capabilities to meet our future needs as a public company.
- Accounting reporting
- Commercial with publisher
- Ensure that the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close are performed accurately in accordance with PRC GAAP and US GAAP. Monitor GAAP differences.
- Implement an efficient accounting close and reporting cycle to ensure timely and accurate internal and external reporting. Be the focal point between local accountants and corporate accounting.
- Follow Global Standard Chart of Accounts and follow Standardized Internal Reporting Structure, implement the reporting hierarchies into China ledger.
- Supervise daily accounting functions of 2 accounting personnel in regards of accounting payable, expenses/cost recognition, fixed assets, payroll and G/L posting, and tax reporting. Present well-prepared accounts reconciliations, trial balance.
- Define local reporting (to local authorities) procedure based on NetSuite. Develop internal financial reporting tools using NetSuite sets.
- Internal controls: Ensure that adequate internal controls in place related to accounting and financial reporting are maintained, documented and verified. Evaluate control weaknesses and implement improvements.
- Provide assistance to external auditors in annual audits and regular reviews.
- Manage and monitor services provided by external vendors.
Tax filing and compliance.
- Statutory compliance. Ensure monthly quarterly, annual filing are adhere to the schedule.
- Be a key coordination point with tax agency, tax bureaus and statistic bureaus, drive the resolution of any key compliance issues.
- Co-ordinate internal and external resources to cope with ad-hoc tax enquiries, document submissions and annual inspections. in the area of (i) tax compliance e.g. CIT and VAT, Service Tax returns including monthly/quarterly returns, (ii) tax accounting, (iii) withholding tax, (iv) transfer pricing, (v) tax audit.
- Review monthly payroll spreadsheet and calculation of IIT. Ensure the gross pay and net pay to employee are correct by reconcile among HR’s workday system input and Safeguard payroll system.
- Implement and maintain the accuracy of data input and output in Safeguard system.
- Collaborate directly with SG payroll vendor and ICP vendor to streamline the payroll process.
Commercial / revenue Company engaged with one key local game publisher to go-to-marketing. You will be one of key contact points in china accounting to collaborate with them. The focus will be review and verify the detail supporting provided by publisher related to revenue recording.
- Hands-on reconciliation of revenue records including: game booking, all transaction fees, channel fees, taxes (sales and VAT), 3rd party revenue shares, A/R etc.
- Analyze the monthly revenue report and A/R report from the publisher, ensure share of revenue is accurately calculated and report.
- External accounting vendor, payroll vendors, tax advisor, legal, and China business partners.
- Key stakeholders: GM of studio, Operation, Revenue team, HR, game leaders, publisher in China.
- Auditors, China tax authority
Education & Certificated:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting-oriented major, from a top university and a history of academic success.
- CPA designation is strongly desired.
- Typically 6+ years of experience in a finance and accounting function.
- Typically 3+ years of experience in a Payroll management or supervisory position.
MUST Have Qualifications:
- Experience with Net Suite or equivalent ERP systems
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills, financial management. Experience in accounting monthly G/L closing, accounting reporting.
- Excellent understanding of China Payroll legislation and processes
- Working knowledge of revenue recognition process in US GAAP a plus
- Experience working with revenue and merchant payment systems
- Strong business acumen and understand the order-to-revenue process. Experience in commercial orders and revenue reconciliation with variable channels.
- Very detail-oriented while at the same time able to understand “the big picture”
- Strong project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Expert with Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience in the gaming or software entertainment industry a plus
- CPA with Big 4 firm a plus
- Ability to implement SOX 404 compliance controls is a plus
Career Progression: This role provides vast exposure within a late stage startup environment that sits at the heart of the digital services market. You will have a huge amount of ownership over your work and be the leader of process implementation for all your team’s projects. You will have chance to rotate to other more challenge environment while fully fit into company’s culture.
Back to top