Your passion for art is expressed in the form of your creation – high quality 3D models. The creation process does not feel like work for you. In fact, you enjoy every moment of the process and would continuously make improvement upon it. Does this describe who you are? If so, let’s talk!
At Kabam, we create the world’s favourite massively multiplayer, free-to-play games. More specifically, our Vancouver Studio is the creator of Marvel: Contest of Champions and Fast & Furious Legacy. Currently we are looking for a 3D Artist to add to our talented Art team. This is a 6-months contract position where you get to be part of something great we’re creating! While our dedicated and passionate team is the driver behind the success of our games, it's the close-knit and fun-loving culture that defines our competitive advantage.
What you will be doing:
- Create 3D models and textures of the utmost quality based on the needs of the project
- Create in-game assets from provided concept art and/or real-world photo reference
- Deliver high quality work on schedule
- Understand the technical limitations of mobile devices and work well within those constrains (i.e. polycounts, texture budgets, etc.)
- Take direction from the Art Director and Lead Artist and make changes as needed.
- Collaborate with our talents and passionate team in building a fantastic new game for mobile devices
Culture and teamwork are something we fight hard to maintain in our team, so willingness to communicate ideas openly, collaborate with other team members, and become an owner to all your tasks is absolutely necessary. Having said that, we are still a fun bunch; your quirkiness will be celebrated, and curious minds will be rewarded here. Our desks are full of gadgets and little figurines we’ve collected over the years, there are random drawings you’ll see in meeting rooms, and you will often see dogs (and humans) running around the cozy home we call office.
Adding to the ingredient of success, you will bring:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrate solid experience in 3D modeling and texture creation for games
- Expert knowledge in software such as Maya and Photoshop; bonus point is given for experience in Zbrush and substance
- Experience in Unity
- Understands game production design process and methodology
- Ability to work under pressure and balance the impacts of deadlines and resources with the style and quality
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong passion for gaming and proven track record of being an excellent team player
- A desire to grow your skills and experience
- A terrific sense of humor
Sounds like the opportunity for you? Click on Apply Now and tell us more about you along with your portfolio.
We thank you for your interest in this position and look forward to starting off a conversation with you.
Kabam creates, develops, and publishes massively multiplayer games that are available to a global audience on mobile devices via its own dedicated channel in the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore. Kabam has created six titles that have grossed more than $100 million each in their life. Kabam has more than 700 employees around the world, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company is valued at more than $1 billion, and its investors include Alibaba, Canaan Partners, Google, MGM, Intel, Pinnacle Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Warner Bros. and others. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com.
Back to top