Business Development Officer
About the Firm
JVM Lending is an exceptionally dynamic, unique and tech-oriented mortgage lender headquartered in downtown Walnut Creek. Culture and teamwork are held in very high regard. The Business Development Officer position is challenging, but the work environment is collaborative, open and simply fun, creating an experience that is both intense and rewarding. Employees have substantial autonomy and influence in management decisions at all levels. In addition to our focus on teamwork and culture, JVM also places a strong emphasis on exemplary customer service. We are very proud of our pristine reputation in the marketplace and on social media. To accommodate rapid growth, we are looking for ambitious and driven professionals to join the JVM team. A successful JVM team member is hard working, intelligent, and well rounded. We are inspired by people with a good sense of humor, willingness to learn, willingness to succeed, and just plain grit. Companywide "team bonuses," based on total volume of business, will be a major part of compensation on top of salary. Business Development Officers have six figure salary potential in less than two years. Compensation consists of salary, team bonuses, and numerous incentives based on a variety of metrics. This is neither a loan officer nor commission only position. It is a salaried position with bonus incentives.
Description and Duties:
- Complete JVM Lending's renowned Mortgage Analyst Training Program – necessary for communicating effectively with referral sources.
- Establish new relationships with real estate agents and other referral sources.
- Maintain relationships with real estate agents other referral sources currently referring business.
- Plan and attend major events including training seminars, social mixers and trade group presentations.
- Play major role in JVM Lending's marketing and sales design and plan.
- Monitor sales and production data on macro and micro levels.
- Meet with marketing and sales team weekly to review metrics
Desired Skills & Experience
- No industry-specific experience required (we have a full-time on-site trainer and an extensive training program).
- Bachelor's Degree in any field. We like Liberal Arts majors.
- Grade Point Average of 3.25 or higher.
- Capacity to learn and absorb a very large quantity of information quickly.
- Capacity to engage clients and referral sources in congenial manner.
- Capacity to work in a demanding environment with long hours when required.
- Exceptional diligence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team-environment.
- Ability to learn and navigate proprietary CRM and LOS software.
- Ability to engage in dart gun wars and flip cup games is preferred.
Meet Some of JVM Lending's Employees
Senior Mortgage Analyst
Heidi works to empower clients from the moment they start working with JVM Lending by getting their questions answered and setting them up on the loan process.
Back to top