Vice President, Hardware Product Management
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The VP of Hardware is responsible for leading a cross functional team of Product and Program managers through concept generation and technology development of JUUL’S next generation hardware devices. This role is responsible for delivering integrated hardware and software to drive the next generation of connected consumer devices. Your team work across all functions and seniority levels to formulate and execute product strategy, product definition, implementation priorities, and launch plans. Above all, we are mission driven: we develop comprehensive strategies and relentless execution plans that are aligned with our vision of eliminating combustible cigarettes.
- Work closely with Executive leadership to develop and deliver a Global Hardware/Devices strategy to meet consumer needs.
- Strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all Hardware products.
- Provide direction and guidance to cross-functional teams with the goal of delivering a superior consumer product experience. Your team will work collaboratively with engineering, operations, sales, and marketing.
- Data driven decision-making: Gather insights to inform product decisions wherever possible. When insights aren’t readily available, develop new methods and tools to attain them.
- Markets & customers: Understand and drive the value our product brings to our diverse customer base in the global marketplace.
- Product strategy: Owning a comprehensive product strategy for achieving JUUL’s vision and operating plan.
- Product definition, pricing, positioning, and launch: Leading a team that will translate customer and market insights into a concrete product definition and go-to-market plan. Build executive alignment for your recommended course of action.
- Competitive analysis: Understand our customer’s full range of alternatives, and JUUL’s positioning with respect to those alternatives.
- Consumer advocacy: Tirelessly advocate for the customer, both inside and outside of JUUL.
- Previous Senior Leadership roles in Product Management with experience delivering Hardware connected devices.
- Proven ability to recruit and retain Product Managers
- A demonstrable history of strong strategic thinking and excellent communication skills
- MBA or management consulting experience a plus but not required
KEY CHARACTERISTICS NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Mission driven: we act in the best interest of the customer.
- Deeply curious: we seek to understand, and ask “Why?” repeatedly.
- Relentless and crystal-clear communication: we sniff out and resolve ambiguity.
- Objective and analytical: we seek data and know the difference between facts and opinions.
- Synthesis: inspiration comes from many sources. We work cross-functionally to bring out the best ideas and build the best possible plan.
- Big plans, small ego: we’re committed to our vision, our plan, and our team.
- Follow through: we do what we say we’ll do. We seek accountability for ourselves and expect it from others.
- Servant leadership: we are strong cross-functional leaders. Our colleagues give us permission to lead not because the org chart dictates it, but because we’ve earned their respect by helping them to be the best they can be.
- We get our hands dirty: plans are nothing without execution.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Back to top