JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of the one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, PLM, JUUL Labs is looking for a Technical Writer to support the Engineering and Quality Systems teams.
The Technical Writer will drive the creation and release of documents critical to JUUL Labs’ rapid growth and audit-readiness. This person will collaborate across the organization to distill highly technical information into clear, accessible documents for internal and external use. This person will support a culture around disciplined and rigorous regulatory documentation in a fast-growing organization that is newly regulated by the FDA.
- Author, Edit, Review and/or Release technical documentation pertaining to consumer electronics, medical device, enterprise software, JUUL product quality, and regulation and compliance.
- Develops, writes, and edits material for Engineering Operations policies and standard operating procedures, technical bulletins, and related technical and administrative publications in print or electronic media.
- Work with quality, design and operations engineers on product specifications for technical publication.
- Work with cross-functional teams to continuously improve and streamline our document control and change management process while supporting the documentational needs of the organization.
- Studies engineering drawings and documents, sketches, parts lists, specifications, mock-ups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, sequence and detail.
- Collaborate closely with subject matter experts from the Product Development, Global Supply Chain, Operations, Quality Systems, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Study Operations and Program Management teams to understand objectives, requirements, and timelines for necessary documentation needed.
- Maintains records and files of work and revisions.
- Confers with and provides guidance with other technical writers on collaborative technical documentation efforts.
- Deliver training sessions in tandem with new and updated documentation releases.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years technical writing experience required.
- 3+ years direct experience working in an FDA-regulated industry required.
- Audit conducted by regulatory agencies, such as the FDA or ISO preferred.
- Electronic Document Management System (i.e. Propel, Arena Solutions) experience required.
- Content Collaboration Software (i.e. Confluence) experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Tobacco Control Act and FD&C Act legislation a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Office and Google application software.
- Familiarity with both Windows and Mac OS X operating environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Writing samples required.
- BA/BS in English, Technical Writing, Biomedical Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Back to top