JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s 1.3 billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product and program managers, supply chain and operations experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Director, Medical Devices Juul is looking for a Technical Writer to support the engineering teams.
The Technical Writer will drive the creation and release of documents critical to JUUL Labs’ rapid growth and regulatory compliance and submission. This person will collaborate across the organization to distill highly technical information into clear, accessible documents for internal and external use. This person will support a culture around disciplined and rigorous regulatory documentation in a fast-growing organization that is newly regulated by the FDA.
- Author, Edit, Review and/or Release technical documentation pertaining to consumer electronics, medical devices , JUUL product quality, and regulation and compliance.
- Create engineering specifications for various components and subsystems ( including for battery, electronics, firmware) , engineering test plans and test reports for various programs
- Create detailed technical product description documents for regulatory submissions
- Collaborate closely with subject matter experts from the Product Development, Advanced Technology, Operations, Quality Systems, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Study Operations and Program Management teams to understand objectives, requirements, and timelines for necessary documentation needed.
- Maintains records and files of work and revisions.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years direct technical writing experience ideally working in an FDA-regulated industry required.
- Electronic Document Management System (i.e. Propel, Arena Solutions) and Engineering Change Order experience required.
- Knowledge of US and European medical device regulations a plus
- Able to read schematics, analyzing test data and report anomalies a plus
- Strong knowledge of Office and Google application software.
- Familiarity with both Windows and Mac OS X operating environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Writing samples required.
- BA/BS in Biomedical Engineering, electrical, electronics engineering, industrial engineering, english or a related field or equivalent work experience.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Back to top