Strategic Advisor, Global Supply Chain
JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of the one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking a Strategic Advisor, Global Supply Chain and Operations, a pivotal member of the rapidly scaling Global Supply Chain team. Reporting directly to the Vice President, Global Supply Chain and Operations Strategy, you will partner with leaders from across the Global Supply Chain team including strategic sourcing, manufacturing, logistics, and customer service to drive successful execution of the business strategy. This is an extremely high-visibility, “roll-up-your-sleeves” type of role that will provide an opportunity to interface with the top leaders in the company, vendors, and front-line employees alike. Responsibilities may include:
- Leading strategic initiatives that are pivotal to the success of the overall business
- Managing cross-functional Supply Chain activities and requirements for new market rollouts
- Driving issue resolution for rollouts to get initiatives back to “green”
- Driving continuous improvement across the Global Supply Chain / Operations organization
- Supporting M&A integrations and other strategic implementations across the company
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate has 10+ years of relevant supply chain, operations, and/or supply chain strategy and operations consulting experience, particularly managing complex, cross-functional programs with a strong track record of success. This role will be responsible for the tactical implementation of strategic initiatives to accelerate the growth of the business. The qualifications that make a candidate successful in this role include:
- Interest in CPG, tech or medical device industries
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence both a formal and informal team
- Demonstrated program management experience, especially managing complex, cross-functional programs of high strategic value / importance
- Experience implementing Lean principles to generate sustainable profit improvement in manufacturing, supply chain, Industry 4.0, etc.
- Functional understanding of finance, sales, product, marketing, supply chain, e-commerce, and regulatory / legal
- Strong understanding of business, technology and process implications related to sourcing, manufacturing, fulfillment, logistics, network design, operations planning, warehousing, and transportation
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for making a mark in fast-paced, growing environments
- Professional demeanor; ability to interact with confidence and persuasiveness while demonstrating a strong dose of humility
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail; proven ability to deliver against extremely tight deadlines to the highest possible standards of excellence
- Ability to diagnose a business, identify opportunities and assess value, design / re-engineer business processes, and implement supply chain transformations to realize business value
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Highly organized with the ability to produce error-free work products efficiently
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character
- Outstanding written and communication skills, along with a strong executive presence
- High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs
Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree in operations management, industrial engineering, or other related discipline preferred. Lean Six Sigma, PMP, or other operations-focused certification is a plus.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. JUUL Labs also complies with applicable employment eligibility verification requirements. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the country of employment.
Back to top