Staff Engineering Project Manager - Firmware and Engineering Systems
JUUL's mission is to transition the world’s billion adult smokers away from combustible cigarettes, eliminate their use, and combat underage usage of our products. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
The Staff Firmware Technical Program Manager/Engineering Project Manager is responsible for managing and communicating project definition, development milestones, project schedules, and project status in the development of new software and firmware. They must be able to prioritize issues and track the details as well as be in touch with the big-picture issues. They must be fearless organizers who are ready to work with the various hardware, firmware, and software engineering teams, as well as product, and design teams to identify and resolve potential risks to the schedule and the quality of the product. Success is defined in terms of the quality and timeliness of firmware releases, as well as integration with the other hardware and software teams. They also need to have a strong understanding of software and firmware development processes - from product requirements to functional requirements to software release.
We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. Cross-functional communication skills and experience are essential, as is experience with Scrum and Agile processes, preferably integrated with Jira.
- Maintain frequent communication within the Engineering, Regulatory, Quality, Design, and Product Management teams
- Create and manage multiple program schedules (3-6+ programs at any time), while managing overall communication on all those programs
- Demonstrate cross-functional organization, communication, and management between multiple engineering and non-engineering teams
- Lead meetings documenting action items and progress, and delegating work as needed
- Report and present to executives on project status and schedules
- Lead process improvement and creation across the org, including building whole new systems and processes from scratch
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of experience being a Firmware EPM, or Firmware-focused technical program manager
- Previous Firmware coding experience a plus
- Experience working in connected devices
- Experience in Scrum and Agile, familiarity with Waterfall and other SDLC processes
- Mastery of Jira or related task management software
- Strong track record of shipping quality products on time, with regular cadence
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, at all levels, from Intern to CEO
- Experience with regulatory submissions to the FDA a plus
- Experience working for a medical device company or other highly regulated environment a plus
- Experience managing or supporting factory builds a plus
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Connected Devices, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Firmware, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Back to top