Sr. Tax Analyst - Income Tax
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As Sr. Tax Analyst, Tax Provision and Corporate Tax Compliance, you will assist with preparation of the JUUL global tax accounting and reporting process including quarterly effective tax rate modeling, preparation and review of consolidated and foreign income tax provision, documentation and review of uncertain tax positions and SOX tax controls. Additionally, you will assist with JUUL's worldwide corporate tax return filings, working closely with outside tax vendors to ensure corporate tax return compliance deadlines are met and corporate tax payments made timely.
You will work closely with the JUUL Tax and Finance teams and outside tax vendors in a fast paced and dynamic environment to ensure tax accounting and reporting positions are documented and accessible. You will need to collaborate effectively across the wider company organization including coordination with Accounting and FP&A groups for managing financial statement forecasts and ensuring that tax activity is properly captured for accounting and disclosure of corporate financing transactions. In addition, you will assist in preparing tax-related financial statement disclosures, executive reporting, and SOX internal controls documentation. You will also provide support for mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, business initiatives and special projects as assigned.
This position reports to the JUUL Tax Manager, Corporate Income Tax.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in ASC 740 tax accounting and reporting
- 4 years of public accounting experience with the Big Four firms
- Candidate should be a self-starter and problem solver, organized, works well independently and in a team environment to identify and implement process improvements.
- Extensive income tax compliance experience (fed, state and international)
- BA/BS degree is required, and a CPA and/or MS Tax are pluses.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Meet Some of JUUL Labs's Employees
Claire O.Mechanical Engineer, Engineering
Working as part of the Product Team, Claire aims to bring a better product to JUUL customers. She works on prototyping, designing, and testing to meet changing customer needs and improve the overall experience.
Back to top