Sr. Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
ABOUT JUUL LABS
JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
In this highly visible role, a Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of core factory automation software components to be used in high volume environments.
You will enjoy key decision-making opportunities in conjunction with hands-on problem solving and analysis both off-site and on-site. You will help define and deliver automation solutions; drive development and implementation of high-precision, high-volume automated manufacturing processes for cutting edge products.
Typically requires 7+ years of experience in developing factory automation software solutions.
Must have industry knowledge of high-speed automation equipment and communication with factory MES like systems.
Travel: Domestic or International travel: ~25%.
- Development experience with PLC or PC/MAC based equipment control applications.
- Familiar with OOP and software design patterns for PC/MAC developers.
- Understand machine vision and the key technologies of lighting and optics
- Knowledgeable in control principles such as PID loop tuning and Kinematics
- Understand electronic components such as sensors, switches, relays, etc.
- Experience with robotics hardware, i.e. motors, encoders, actuators, etc.
- Experience with motion control programming (Denso, Mitsubishi and Precise GPL is a plus)
- Strong commitment to goals and team-first attitude
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s degree in mechatronics, mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering or equivalent
JULLS LABS PERKS & BENEFITS
- Full benefits (medical/dental/vision) for you and subsidized for your dependents
- FSA (flexible spending account)
- 401K Plan
- JUUL Labs observes 9 paid holidays throughout the year plus 3 floating holidays to be used at your discretion
- Three weeks of PTO each benefit year, beginning on your hire date
- Fully stocked snacks and drinks
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles.
Meet Some of JUUL Labs's Employees
Mechanical Engineer, Engineering
Working as part of the Product Team, Claire aims to bring a better product to JUUL customers. She works on prototyping, designing, and testing to meet changing customer needs and improve the overall experience.
Back to top