Sr. Scientist - Toxicology
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Seeking a driven, passionate individual to apply toxicology and human health risk assessment strategies to support ingredient and product hazrad assessment under USFDA and international regulatory programs.
- Provide strong technical input into ingredient issues related to toxicology including: review, interpretation, and summary toxicological data profiles for ingredients; recognize and identify data discrepancies; provide the company with periodic reviews, opinions or recommendations related to toxicological data regarding the safe use of product components
- A key player in writing sections of regulatory documents including toxicological data summaries and risk assessment reports. Actively support regulatory submissions and respond to regulatory agency comments
- Monitor and address complex toxicological and biological issues related to ingredients and materials used in the production of the company’s products, develop and communicate expert technical advice
- Conduct human health risk assessment including identification of toxicity factors and exposure parameters, estimation of dose, and preparation of risk assessment reports
- Support the design and interpretation of toxicological studies at contract research organizations to support product development and regulatory submissions
- Actively participate in professional organizations and present technical findings
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Position requires Ph.D. in toxicology and 5 to 10 years of related experience as a project toxicologist in nonclinical studies or environmental consulting
- Strong working experience in applying weight of evidence approach in risk assessment and risk-based defense with regulatory agencies
- Experience conducting quantitative human health risk assessment and product hazard assessments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Critical thinker and demonstrated ability to work with agility in a challenging and fast-paced work environment
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Back to top