Sr. Scientist - Cellular Biologist / in vitro Toxicologist
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We seek a dynamic, highly skilled, passionate and experienced cellular biologist/toxicologist to support the development of new products and harm reduction platforms. The candidate will also provide support for regulatory submissions and report to the Director of Preclinical Affairs at JUUL Labs.
The incumbent, who has extensive experience with in vitro and ex vivo cellular systems, will design studies to assess toxicological effects of aerosol and formulation treatments as well as effects on cellular biology. The individual will manage studies performed at CROs, evaluate toxicological data, develop technical documents and assist with the preparation and/or review of information supporting regulatory submissions. The individual will be required to interact cross-functionally and across the enterprise, as well as manage multiple projects to ensure project timelines are met.
- Lead the design, management, and interpretation of studies at contract research organizations to support product development and regulatory submissions.
- Develop technical documents on various scientific, risk assessment, and regulatory topics, including toxicological data summaries.
- Address complex toxicological and biological issues related to the study outcomes, share results by preparing reports and presentation and lead the design of follow up studies
- Assist with preparation and/or review of materials supporting regulatory submissions
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- PhD in Toxicology, Pharmacology, Cellular Biology or related discipline, with minimum of 5 years experience (academic or industry)
- Postdoctoral training and industry experience preferred
- Experience with aerosol toxicology preferred
- Hands-on experience with in in vitro and ex vivo cell systems, 3D culture systems, wound healing assays and cell migration assays
- Experience with bronchial/tracheal/ciliated cell systems is preferred
- Excellent project management and team work skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication skills
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Back to top