Sr. Medical and Scientific Writer
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Clinical and Scientific Affairs teams at JUUL Labs are looking for an agile, self-motivated, and experienced individual to serve as a medical and scientific writer. The successful candidate has experience developing plans and coordinating timelines to ensure timely completion of writing projects, including the development of clinical study protocols, summaries of scientific literature, and the preparation of reports and manuscripts. The successful candidate will be detailed oriented, self-directed, flexible, and with the ability to balance workload and project timelines to meet departmental and project goals.
- Serve as the medical and scientific writer contributing to a variety of documents for clinical and regulatory purposes, including clinical protocols, clinical study reports, investigator brochures, and regulatory submissions, including briefing books
- Coordinate the efforts of cross-functional teams to produce high-quality, scientifically accurate documents.
- Provide support for QC of complex clinical documents
- Manage timelines and communicate with team stakeholders to maintain awareness of expectations, milestones, and deliverables.
- May include participation in initiatives such as document templates, writing style guide, and support for document reviewing/authoring tools
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in scientific or medical discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years medical writing experience
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail related to consistency, grammar, syntax, and accuracy
- Experience producing high quality clinical documents
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Able to work between teams and coordinate departmental objectives to establish a cohesive narrative.
- Strong organizational/prioritization skills for the management of multiple concurrent projects and interdepartmental needs
- Demonstrated proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation software (MS Office skills such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint) and experience and skill performing medical literature searches
- Successful candidate will be curious in exploring new path for clinical research, proactive in proposing creative solutions and ideas, work collaboratively with multi-functional teams and partners.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Back to top