Sr. Manager, Sales Compensation
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL is seeking a Sales Compensation Manager to lead, develop, and implement a world-class compensation program. With countless opportunities to set the direction of compensation/ incentives, the ideal candidate will be able to roll-up their sleeves and leverage experience to implement their solutions.
Being successful in this role will involve working with others in Finance, Sales, Sales Operations and the Executive Team to rapidly scale compensation planning, design, implementation and administration, along with a value-add perspective using reporting and analytics to drive constant improvement.
This role will be responsible for reporting and analytics related projects that allow strategic insights into the performance of the sales organization, drive and monitor the organization, and enable the global processes to scale with our growth. Additionally, working with sales reps and managers to enable self-service insights to monitor their individual and team quotas and compensation performance.
Sales Compensation Design and Administration:
- Lead the process which develops the strategy, design and execution of sales compensation plans globally on an annual basis and monitor results to ensure plan is delivering desired outcomes
- Provide enablement to the sales teams regarding compensation plan strategy and mechanics
- Own the process of plan assignment and deliver incentive compensation plan documents to participants including the on-boarding and off-boarding policies for new hires, role changes, promotions and terminations of plan participants
- Deliver and provide analysis on quota and incentive attainment reporting for the sales teams at regular intervals and as required to gain insight into sales performance
- Participate in the creation of SPIFF incentive programs to create focus on short term objectives
- Own the reporting and analytics projects that allow strategic insights into the performance of the sales organization, drive and monitor the organization, and enable the global processes to scale with our growth.
- Develop the reporting tools and systems using Salesforce.com as our platform CRM
- Create value added reporting linking business / organization metrics to sales commissions data providing insights and recommendation on how to shape behaviors that drive the right outcomes.
- Leverage technology to create organization efficiencies, automation linking SFDC and reporting tools, as well as accounting systems.
- Ensuring system is up to date with employee changes – new hires, terms, position changes, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service in addressing questions from the field
- Providing on-demand sales performance to team and individual quotas, commission payout overview and tracking tool for all sales employees
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related degree, Master’s degree desired.
- 8+ years of experience in sales compensation design and administration in the technology industry using Xactly or other incentive compensation system and experience in leading teams either directly and/or indirectly (i.e., projects, cross-functional teams).
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Understanding of enterprise sales back office processes
- Superior Excel/Google sheets skills
- Committed to data quality and high standard for accuracy
- Excel at multi-tasking, can work independently, thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Able to analyze data and communicate the summary of the results, both verbally & written, in a clear and concise way
- Can identify opportunities for process improvements to increase efficiencies
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Back to top