Sr. Director of Cyber Security Assurance and Effectiveness
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
JUUL Labs is searching for a Senior Director of Cybersecurity, to build and mature the cyber Assurance and Effectiveness efforts for the organization. Reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer, this executive is accountable for the effectiveness of all assessment and innovative assurance functions at JUUL Labs. This role includes advancing the people, process, and technologies responsible for assessing the effectiveness of JUUL’s product security controls, cyber protection capabilities, as well as providing security consulting and advisory to the organization.
- Overall accountability for developing an agile assessment and advisory function, focused on security of networks, products, and technology platforms as well as emerging solution delivery methods such as DevOps, cloud native, big data, application containers, and mobile computing.
- Understanding the business processes and use cases that are being supported by JUUL Labs’ technologies.
- Define and shape the cyber security strategy, and capability maturity roadmaps for solving current and emerging critical business problems.
- Develop capabilities to periodically perform advanced threat simulation (red team – blue team) exercises. The purpose of these exercises is to mimic real-world threat actors and test the effectiveness of the information security capabilities within JUUL Labs.
- Create innovative approaches to rapidly assess the risks posed by emerging risk paradigms.
- Evaluate, prototype and implement innovative security tools and services to support new technology platforms at JUUL Labs.
- Responsible for testing the effectiveness of all security controls globally across all JUUL Lab’s data hosting platforms.
- Build and advance a Threat Hunting program.
- Develop and mentor staff to perform at a high level while achieving their career goals.
- Evaluates and utilizes outside consultants and services to support internal security capabilities.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 5+ years of direct people management experience as a senior or executive leader.
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility and work complexity to include progressive management roles in the Cyber Security space.
- Demonstrated experience creating effective security strategies and programs.
- Expert knowledge of existing and emerging attacks, and mitigation methods, with special focus on emerging technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of information security technologies, methods, standards, and processes.
- Strong expertise in the collaboration, facilitation and coordination of the mitigation of risks.
- Strong problem solving and program execution skills. Ability to prioritize and drive difficult decisions among business partners.
- Ability to solve very complex security issues that span legal, compliance and regulatory obligations across various lines of business of the company.
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Strong Analytical Mind
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Flexible and dynamic team player
- Self-starter with ability to focus on tactical execution to get the job done
- Consultative mindset, with the ability to influence without direct authority, and to develop strong cross-functional partnerships
Back to top