Sr. Director Enterprise Applications
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Are you looking for an opportunity to ensure world class Sales, Marketing and Customer Services applications to support our business, customers and partners worldwide? Are you a hands-on leader who thrives in architecting Sales and Customer Services solutions including Opportunity Management, Lead management, Sales Forecasting, Quoting/Channel Management, Customer Master Management, Customer Service Case Management capabilities? Do you like to build like to build a team that leverages vendor relationships and specialized development capabilities to create a CRM Center of Expertise? If this sounds like you…Let’s connect!
We’re looking for a senior leader in San Francisco, CA to manage our Sales, Marketing and Customer Operations Applications team. This role is highly cross functional and will work with multiple business teams such as Lead Generation, Sales Enablement, Sales Operations, Customer Services, Supply Chain Management and Reverse Logistics. It requires someone who can operate as an architect (both business process and technical), project manager, and product manager. It is a dynamic and challenging role, and highly respected on a team that relies on software\technology as it's engine that optimizes Sales and Service business processes. Those who are willing to roll up their sleeves and dive in to help make a long-term impact will be a strong cultural fit here. Our culture will empower you to make effective decisions, work collaboratively, and take accountability for providing world class service.
The Senior Director, Enterprise Applications- Sales, Marketing and Customer Operations is a senior leadership role reporting to the Vice President of Enterprise Applications. The leader of this team is a line manager that plays a mission critical role and ensures that through their leadership their teams keep Juul’s “Lights on” to provide highly available enterprise applications to Juul’s business, partners and customers.
In partnership with our Sales, Marketing and Customer Operations business partners, this role will prioritize and organize resources (both human and capital) and manage all staff and operations to help drive agility, innovation, automation and speed in technology road-mapping, project prioritization and implementation while ensuring the consistent, stable, and efficient operations for the management of technology solutions. This role also collaborates in strong partnership with the Juul’s business operations teams. Gathering and analyzing internal and external customer needs is critical in developing our digital IT strategies and system requirements. This role will build a global team ground up comprised of IT employee professionals and externally-sourced IT professional contractors. This person will assist with strategic planning and visioning for the IT Enterprise Applications organization, develop plans that help the finance business unit and function within Juul Technology to achieve their strategic objectives, ensure efficient implementation and execution of planned initiatives, oversee the department’s budget and personnel planning, and generally oversee all areas within the Sales, Marketing and Customer Operations IT group.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a $4M-$6M budget annually
- Lead the development, operation, and maintenance of sales, marketing and customer operations applications to meet needs defined by the business teams. Collaborate with the business team and establish a rolling 3-year roadmap for sales and marketing applications covering architecture, integration, functionality, investments, and resourcing. Maintain the portfolio of sales and marketing applications and projects.
- Build a an SFDC Center of Expertise (may comprise of local and off-shore members) with expertise in SalesForce Administration, development, VisualForce, APEX, SalesForce Object Query, Einstein\Wave Analytics, CPQ Tools (SteelBrick, BigMachines, APPTUS) and Marketo. Coordinate the resources and activities around priorities for projects and trouble tickets. Develop the skills and capabilities of the team members through training and mentorship.
- Partner with members of Juul Technology departments on planning and executing cross functional projects and initiatives. Depending on the needs of the project take ownership for execution or provide necessary support and participation.
- Partner in the development of IT policies and procedures for improving service delivery, efficiency, and compliance as needed.
- Partner in the development of application design, development and testing processes and documentation.
- Partner with the business team to identify and review new and emerging technologies for use in sales and marketing processes
- Manage relationships with application vendors and service providers to understand product roadmaps, support resources, contracted services, and contractual structures.
- Identify project risks and provide appropriate process and procedures to mitigate those risks
- 10+ years of experience with Information Systems management and at least 7+ years of experience managing teams of 6 or more developers
- 7+ years of recent development and operations experience with SalesForce including direct management of Salesforce admins and developers
- 5+ years of coding or coding management experience using SalesForce languages such as Visualforce, Apex, and SaleForce Object Query or Search
- Hands-on experience with coding and development tools such as:
- Scripting tools such as Python and Perl
- Data loading with ETL and SQL
- Hands-on experience with middleware and integration frameworks including SOAP APIs and REST APIs
- 5+ years of recent development and operations experience with applications such as Marketo or other marketing automation platforms, Tableau, Looker or other BI tools, Steelbrick or other CPQ/quoting tools.
- Exposure to Middleware integration layer (ex: TIBCO, MuleSoft, Oracle SOA, SAP PI)
- Recent application development responsibility in companies with channel-based sales and marketing models
- Recent application development experience with sales and marketing tools
- Strong program/project management skills with experience in resource planning, large project implementations, and managing project portfolios
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile development methodologies; ability to document requirements and communicate clearly with business stakeholders using either model
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities.
- BS and MS degree in Computer Science or related engineering field, or equivalent experience
- Relevant certifications in major CRMs (SFDC, Sugar CRM, Siebel, SAP CRM etc)
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Back to top