Software Engineering Lead
JUUL Labs is searching for a Software Engineering Lead to join the Digital Engineering team. This is a leadership position within the organization and is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding team. An ideal candidate is a hands-on developer and leader, has a track record of success as an individual contributor, and is keen to both mentor and push the performance of their team.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Most of your time will be spent deep in the code; you should have a complete understanding of all technical aspects of your team’s vertical and continually push to improve architecture, performance, tooling, and overall customer experience.
- Be a hands-on developer with the skills and experience required to develop and deliver large pieces of functionality, setting an example for your team.
- You will work directly with your product manager to define your team’s roadmap and be accountable for the the team’s overall performance.
- You will lead and mentor a team of 3-4 engineers to hone their technical abilities and push them forward in their careers.
- Own the overall performance of your team and strive to continually improve team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work with a diverse team of talented and experienced engineers to develop our e-commerce platform and internal tools, at global scale.
- An ideal candidate is passionate about: product, technology; writing good, clean, maintainable code; fluid end user experiences; and building a dev-first oriented culture
Some of the technologies we work with:
- React & Redux
- Ruby on Rails
- Lambda + Serverless
- AWS + Terraform
- Implementing and improving our payments solutions worldwide
- Own and improve the checkout experience end-to-end
- Internationalization and expansion of our e-commerce platform
- Developing and improving our best-in-class age verification systems
- Work on growth initiatives for domestic and international markets
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Familiarity with our technical stack or similar technologies and a willingness to learn
- Experience building and designing APIs
- Understanding of performance and scalability
- A history of successfully shipping complex components and systems
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of engineers
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- Experienced interviewer that holds a high bar during the recruitment process
NICE TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer science or in Natural science
- Previously experience at an E-Commerce company
- Experience in the early-mid stages of a fast growing company
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of New York City, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Back to top