Senior UX Researcher
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world's best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is looking for an outstanding UX Researcher to be part of the growing design team. The UX Researcher will partner closely with product, design, consumer insights, and engineering to build inspiring and delightful app experiences to solve design challenges never before attempted. The role will be best practiced by someone who can use progressive research methods to gather and synthesise user (and target user) feedback into actionable insights, and ultimately app mockups, that build a deep empathy with our users. The UX researcher should be able to take business requirements, and generate a wide breadth of UX concepts, and put the concepts to the test to users.
- Lead research studies through application of appropriate research methods. Moving skillfully between rapid prototyping and lab usability studies to market research and ethnographic field studies
- Converge qualitative and quantitative data to support direction for best meeting product-management defined objectives
- Synthesizes results of research methods and communicates them cross-functionally
- Works closely with product, consumer insights, and engineering during research studies.
- Uses a wide range of user research methods including user interviews, studies, surveys, prototype testing, and sacrificial concept testing.
- Works with UX Designer to design and plan usability testing.
- Works with Reliability Department to design and conduct tests where software and hardware converge.
- Coordinates testers and/or recruiting firms to get the right people to test our products.
- Synthesizes user feedback and data post release cycles.
- Outstanding portfolio of UX-focused work samples for mobile applications underpinned by a solid grounding of user-centered design principles, UX standards and fundamental user behaviors
- 3+ years of experience in UX design / research in mobile applications for on-market products (preferably in-house); experience with connected devices a plus
- Practical, outcomes-oriented approach to design research; can demonstrate how research informed the design direction
- Ability to design, conduct, and manage user tests from end-to-end.
- Knowledge of the sprint process and human-centered design.
- Familiarity with AB testing and AB testing platforms.
- Familiarity with relevant research services such as UserTesting, DScout, Respondent.io, etc.
- Ability to generate a breadth of testable wireframes, then put them to the test
- Ability to apply a mix of qualitative and quantitative research methods, and know which tools to use when.
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
• Self-starter, can see where research is needed and create a plan of action, with clear objectives and KPIs
• Clear, structured thinking, and exceptional communication of the “so what” across product, engineering, and other design stakeholders
• Passion for consumer products
• Experience in software development a plus
• Previous startup experience is ideal but not necessary
• Master’s degree program for HCI, Information Technology, Design Research, or other related field a plus
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
• A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
• People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
• Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
• Boundless snacks and drinks
• Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
• Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
• Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Back to top