Senior UX Researcher
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is looking for an outstanding Senior UX Researcher to be part of the growing design team. The Senior UX Researcher will partner closely with product, design (mobile & ID) and engineering to research and build inspiring and delightful device experiences to solve design challenges never before attempted. The role will be best practiced by someone who can use experimental research methods to gather and synthesize user (and target user) feedback into actionable design insights that build deep empathy with our users. She/he should be able to take business requirements and engineering capacities and put the concepts to the test with users.
- Lead research studies through application of appropriate research methods. Moving skillfully between prototyping and lab studies to ethnographic field studies.
- Converge qualitative and quantitative data to support best direction for user-centric products.
- Synthesizes results of research methods and communicates them cross-functionally.
- Works closely with product, design and engineering during research studies.
- Uses a wide range of user research methods including ethnographies, user interviews, surveys and prototype testing.
- Works with UX and ID Designers and engineering to design and plan prototype testing.
- Works with firmware team to design and conduct tests where software and hardware converge.
- Coordinates testers and/or recruiting firms to get the right people to test our products.
- Synthesizes user feedback and data and present results to stakeholders and cross-functional teams with specific design and user-centric recommendations.
- 5+ years of experience in research for products (preferably in-house) and/or lab testing; experience with connected devices a plus.
- Outstanding portfolio of research-focused work samples for consumer products, mobile applications or lab studies underpinned by a solid grounding of user-centered design principles, UX standards and fundamental user behaviors and psychology.
- Practical, outcomes-oriented approach to design research; can demonstrate how research informed design direction and decisions.
- Ability to design, conduct and manage user tests from end-to-end.
- Knowledge of human-centered design and psychology.
- Ability to apply a mix of qualitative and quantitative research methods, and know which tools to use when.
- Bachelor’s degree program for HCI, Human Factors, Psychology, Anthropology, Design or other related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Preferred Master’s degree in the above fields.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Back to top