Senior UX Researcher
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is looking for an outstanding Senior UX Researcher to be part of the growing design team. The Senior UX Researcher will partner closely with product, design (mobile & ID), consumer insights, and engineering to build inspiring and delightful device experiences to solve design challenges never before attempted. The role will be best practiced by someone who can use progressive research methods to gather and synthesize user (and target user) feedback into actionable insights, and ultimately app mockups, that build a deep empathy with our users. She/he should be able to take business requirements, and generate a wide breadth of UX concepts, and put the concepts to the test to users.
- Lead research studies through application of appropriate research methods. Moving skillfully between rapid prototyping and lab usability studies to market research and ethnographic field studies.
- Converge qualitative and quantitative data to support best direction for meeting product-management defined objectives.
- Synthesizes results of research methods and communicates them cross-functionally.
- Works closely with product, consumer insights, and engineering during research studies.
- Uses a wide range of user research methods including user interviews, studies, surveys, prototype testing, and sacrificial concept testing.
- Works with UX and ID Designers to design and plan usability testing.
- Works with firmware team to design and conduct tests where software and hardware converge.
- Coordinates testers and/or recruiting firms to get the right people to test our products.
- Synthesizes user feedback and data post release cycles.
- 5+ years of experience in UX design and research for on-market products (preferably in-house); experience with connected devices a plus.
- Outstanding portfolio of UX-focused work samples for consumer products and mobile applications underpinned by a solid grounding of user-centered design principles, UX standards and fundamental user behaviors.
- Practical, outcomes-oriented approach to design research; can demonstrate how research informed the design direction.
- Ability to design, conduct, and manage user tests from end-to-end.
- Knowledge of the sprint process and human-centered design.
- Familiarity with AB testing and AB testing platforms.
- Familiarity with relevant research services such as UserTesting, DScout, Respondent.io, etc.
- Ability to generate a breadth of testable wireframes, then put them to the test.
- Ability to apply a mix of qualitative and quantitative research methods, and know which tools to use when.
- Bonus if expertise with Sketch, Balsamiq, Illustrator or other design tools.
- Bachelor’s degree program for HCI, Computer Science, Design, Anthropology, Psychology or other related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Preferred Master’s degree in the above fields.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Back to top