Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is searching for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our Quality Supply Chain team. The Supplier Quality Engineer develops, establishes and maintains quality engineering methodologies, systems, and practices which meet FDA, customer, and regulatory requirements. Serves as a Quality representative in our Suzhou locations to improve awareness, visibility, communication on quality initiatives to support departmental, functional, site, country and corporate quality goals and priorities. Provides focused quality engineering support within new product development, operational, or system/services support.
- Leads and drives the non-conforming material system and review processes.
- Utilizes data driven problem-solving methods to improve key quality metrics.
- Performs Root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Provides leadership role on championing departmental or cross-functional engineering initiatives.
- Provides project direction, coaching, and mentoring for cross functional engineering and technical team personnel.
- Proactively investigates, identifies, and implements best-in-class Quality Engineering practices.
- Provides technical guidance for identifying and resolving quality issues.
- Identifies and implements effective process control systems to support the development, qualification, and on-going manufacturing of products to meet or exceed internal and external requirements.
- Leads in the implementation of assurances, process controls, and CAPA systems designed to meet or exceed internal and external requirements.
- Acts as an effective leader or team member in supporting quality disciplines, decisions, and practices.
- Applies sound, systematic problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving quality issues.
- Assures the development and execution of streamlined business systems which effectively identify and resolve quality issues.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the JUUL Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
- Assesses/audits suppliers' manufacturing processes to ensure compliance to ISO 13485, quality system, and safety.
- Provides key support in developing and qualifying NPI with suppliers.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5+ years of experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Quality Engineering, Process Operations, Test, Design or Product Engineering, Reliability and/or Qualification.
- Experience working in an FDA or ISO13485 regulated environment, preferably medical device or pharmaceutical, is required.
- Ability to work with a multi-functional team to define requirements and suitable metrics for the performance of new products and process.
- Experienced in use of statistics and quality tools including: root cause analysis, 8D, FMEA, Design of Experiment, process capability, Gage R&R.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing or continuous improvement including value stream mapping, kaizen, PDCA, DMAIC, poka-yoke.
- Experienced professional with a complete understanding and wide application of principle, theories, and concepts in the field.
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills; Works with JUUL Management, Consultants, and Staff to develop practical solutions to achieve regulatory compliance and support quality process improvements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to make decisions and take accountability for those decisions, with limited information, in high-pressure time limited situations.
- Ability to travel and work at supplier locations, up to 70%.
- Preferred certifications: Six Sigma (Green/Black belt), Quality Engineer and/or Quality Auditor.
EDUCATION: BS or MS degree in Engineering or Applied Science
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, Chicago
Meet Some of JUUL Labs's Employees
Claire O.Mechanical Engineer, Engineering
Working as part of the Product Team, Claire aims to bring a better product to JUUL customers. She works on prototyping, designing, and testing to meet changing customer needs and improve the overall experience.
Back to top