Senior Scientist, PhD Toxicology & Risk Assessment
- San Francisco, CA
JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We seek a dynamic, highly skilled, passionate, and experienced toxicologist to support the development of new products consistent with JUUL current growth, innovation and harm reduction platforms, and provide support for efforts such as regulatory submissions. This important, highly technical position reports to the Director of Pre-Clinical Affairs at JUUL Labs
- Provide stewardship support across products, materials, ingredients, technologies, manufacturing processes, etc. for JUUL.
- Provide human health risk assessment
- Support the design, management, and interpretation of chemical and toxicological studies at contract research organizations to support product development and regulatory submissions.
- Develop technical documents on various scientific, risk assessment, and regulatory topics, including toxicological data summaries.
- Monitor and address the complex toxicological and biological issues related to the ingredients and materials used in the production of the company’s products.
- As necessary, provide the company with periodic reviews, opinions or recommendations related to toxicological data regarding the safe use of product components.
- Assist with preparation and/or review of materials supporting regulatory submissions.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- PhD in Toxicology, Pharmacology or related discipline (minimum of 5 years of post-doctoral or industry experience)
- Experience conducting human safety assessments of consumer products (e.g., fragrance, flavor, nutritional, device, tobacco, cosmetics, household products), medical devices, pharmaceuticals, or chemicals.
- Excellent project management and team work skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication skills.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Back to top