Senior Safety Engineer - Factory Equipment
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Safety Engineer - Factory Equipment is responsible for all safety compliance initiatives pertinent to automation equipment at JUUL. Additional responsibilities include activities related to compliance to federal, state and local regulations related to the company’s businessincluding safety and OSHA regulated issues for all employees. As a leader of the EHS team, the candidate must have the confidence to proactively address issues that affect the core operations of the business.
- Liaison with equipment vendors and CMs during design, validation, and installation to ensure all safety protocols are followed at the machine, line and factory level.
- Ensure new EHS-related laws, regulations and other requirements in the industry are kept up to date communicated throughout the organization.
- Provide leadership, oversight, and support on EHS and security-related issues.
- Continuous consulting within the organization regarding best practices, current and future trends
- Point person for all audits conducted at the CMs including completing, collating and collecting all necessary forms, reports or records and assuring the information is properly stored and available.
- Respond to any deficiencies or similar notices provided by auditors at CMs that may impact JUUL and clearing same within the allotted time.
- Manage a standardized EHS record keeping and reporting system at JUUL.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with regulatory agencies (e.g. ISO, OSHA, EPA)
- UL, CSA & CE certification and compliance
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Occupational and Environmental Safety and Health preferred
- 10+ years of EHS experience with a focus on factory automation equipment, high volume manufacturing, in pharmaceutical industry in US and international locations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide detailed regulatory interpretation of federal and state EHS regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all level of employees and management inside and outside of the company
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Strong Analytical Mind
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Flexible and dynamic team player
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Back to top