Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Shanghai, China
JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, China, this position will be responsible for support designing new products that are innovative, cost efficient, reliable, and ship on schedule. You will troubleshoot and make improvements to existing products, and work closely with other members of the engineering staff to create optimal solutions to difficult design, structural, thermal, and battery life issues. You will be comfortable sketching and prototyping new ideas and be familiar with engineering best practices, concepts and procedures. May lead and direct the work of others
- Integrate with cross-functional teams to create high quality products that delight our customers.
- Work with other mechanical engineers to assess product features for manufacturability and recommend capable processes, equipment, etc.
- Contribute to the development of the mechanical product/component architecture.
- Support detailed design of mechanical components, including complex assemblies and sub-systems and suggest top-notch mechanical assembly processes.
- Conduct rapid feasibility studies to design for mechanical robustness, schedule, and cost.
- Oversee internal and external prototyping.
- Facilitate design reviews within internal design teams, component vendors, and manufacturing partners.
- Work directly with part suppliers on DFM, tooling kick-off, tool bring-up, and tool/part qualification.
- Collaborate with local and overseas engineering and manufacturing teams to qualify tooling, assembly fixtures/process and define quality requirements.
- Work directly with our CM partners in support of system assembly build activities.
- Root cause analysis and corrective action implementation as a result of build issues and reliability testing.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficient in SolidWorks is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in consumer oriented products using a broad range of processes and materials, with an emphasis on cosmetic plastic molding and metal parts (sheet metal, CNC, extrusion, etc.).
- Experience with the development and integration of electro-mechanical components, such as flex circuits, batteries, and antenna.
- 4+ years experience working with overseas suppliers and CM partners, specifically designing and ramping high volume parts and assemblies.
- Experience in the areas of: Tolerance Analysis, FEA, Thermal Design, DFMEA, DFA, etc.
- Expertise in 3D MCAD, SolidWorks preferred.
- An ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members, efficiently collaborate to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community.
Key Attributes Necessary for Success are:
- Highly mechanically inclined
- An upbeat, hard worker who can communicate ideas effectively through sketching and prototyping
- BS in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, related discipline, or demonstrated equivalent experience. Graduate level engineering degree a plus
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. JUUL Labs also complies with applicable employment eligibility verification requirements. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the country of employment.
Back to top