Senior Manager, Quality Supply Chain Distribution - APAC
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Manager, Distribution Quality will lead the cross functional team to support Distribution processes within the Quality Systems at our Distribution Centers (DCs) / Warehouses throughout APAC region.
- Directs projects to ensure the process for the distribution of high-quality product and facilitate meets with compliance for internal quality system and external regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for QA oversight of various functions including but not limited to quality inspection, repackaging/relabeling, excise stickering, shipping, and QA hold.
- Participates as quality lead in setting up new DCs/Warehouses in the region.
- Participates as quality lead in coordinating cross function team effort to qualify new suppliers in APAC region.
- Monitors daily work operations (FIFO) and provides direction and guidance to, experienced exempt employees, or skilled nonexempt staff to achieve unit or project goals.
- Interacts with internal and external customers, by meeting regularly, responding to requests and explaining procedures.
- Interprets and executes policies that affect work processes and personnel within the assigned organizational unit.
- Contributes to the development of operational policies and procedures that affect personnel within the assigned organizational unit.
- Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. compliance with FDA, ISO regulations, etc., including safety).
- Translates department goals into individual objectives.
- Identifies, develops and implements processes to improve department performance.
- Monitors departments activities and records to ensure compliance independent action through critical decision making.
- Implements improvements to Quality Systems and tools by directing personnel to gather data on existing quality tools, identify weaknesses, and research/select new tools based on findings.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
- Leads the team in crisis management situations. Makes decisions and takes accountability, sometimes with limited information, in high-pressure time limited situations.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of experience in Supplier Quality Engineering Management.
- 5+ years of industry experience in one or more of the following disciplines: QA/QC, Quality Engineering, Quality System, and/or Quality Compliance.
- Experience working in an FDA or ISO13485 regulated environment, preferably medical device or pharmaceutical, is required.
- Experience in managing warehouse or distribution center.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work with a multi-functional team to define requirements and suitable metrics for the performance of new products and process.
- Experienced professional with a complete understanding and wide application of principle, theories, and concepts in the field.
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills; Works with JUUL Management, Consultants, and Staff to develop practical solutions to achieve regulatory compliance and support quality process improvements.
- Strong supplier quality program management skills.
- Substantial interpersonal/influencing/negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel and work at supplier locations, up to 70%
- Preferred certifications: Six Sigma (Green/Black belt), ASQ Quality Manager, Engineer and/or Quality Auditor.
EDUCATION: BS or MS degree in Engineering or Applied Science
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks, lunch provided
- Cell phone subsidy
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
Meet Some of JUUL Labs's Employees
Claire O.Mechanical Engineer, Engineering
Working as part of the Product Team, Claire aims to bring a better product to JUUL customers. She works on prototyping, designing, and testing to meet changing customer needs and improve the overall experience.
Back to top