Senior Firmware Engineer
- Austin, TX
JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
We are in search of a Senior Platform Firmware Engineer to work on our IoT connectivity platform as we connect the millions of products we ship every year. The ideal candidate has a strong background in server engineering, distributed algorithms and a passion for working on large-scale systems.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Director of Developer Infrastructure, a Senior Firmware Engineer will be responsible for developing the IoT platform that helps JUUL connect millions of users and billions of devices. Developer Infrastructure within JUUL develops and maintains the tools and software that the applications team use to build product. This includes in-house systems for CI, and open-source projects like Apache Mynewt, an open source embedded operating system for microcontroller class devices.
In this position, you will utilize your technical expertise to help develop the software used by other engineers within JUUL. This includes working collaboratively with internal teams, writing code, and helping define and review architecture for new products.
- Write and test high quality code across systems written in C, Go, and Python
- Work with internal stakeholders to help debug application and platform specific code
- Partner with project teams to ensure that JUUL’s infrastructure components support the necessary requirements and are reusable across projects.
- Focused issue reporting, bug tracking, and communication of program risks and status
- Experience working in cross-functional software teams, including expertise in embedded projects.
- Expert experience in at least one of C, C++, Golang or Python
- Security and secure development experience is a plus
- Command of hardware and software integration challenges
- Some domestic and international travel required
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE TRAITS:
- Self-aware, confident, collaborative, communicator with an understanding that everything we do is for the customer/user experience.
JUUL LABS PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
Back to top