Senior Engineering Program Manager, Device Change Management (Suzhou, China)
About JUUL Labs:
James Monsees and Adam Bowen co-founded JUUL when they applied their background in product design to the challenge of finding a better alternative to smoking. They’d been smokers for many years, but they were increasingly dissatisfied with the health and social impacts of cigarettes. When they could find no attractive alternative to cigarettes, James and Adam recognized a groundbreaking opportunity to apply industrial design to the smoking industry, which had not materially evolved in over one hundred years. As smokers, they knew a viable alternative to cigarettes would have to offer nicotine satisfaction found in no other alternative on the market. It would also have to invite its own ritual. The result was JUUL.
We seek a highly motivated Senior Engineering Program Manager to be part of our growing Manufacturing Operations Engineering & Sustaining group in Suzhou China. You will be responsible for managing and driving execution at our Contract Manufacturing sites in China, as well as collaborating with cross functional teams to deliver changes and improvements to JUUL’s product lines in mass production. In this role you will drive the day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives focusing on manufacturing changes.
- Manage and drive the execution of changes and improvement projects at our Contract Manufacturing sites in China for our Device products/processes production line
- Fully leverage the CMs to execute to project plan, resource, and schedule
- Drive day-to-day project and program activities to meet overall objectives and deliverables
- Enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process
- Identify and direct all resources required to execute successful projects
- Create and maintain project plans, schedules and reporting of status
- Collaborate and facilitate communication across engineering managers, operations manager, marketing managers, product development, CMs, and our OEM partners to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and quality goals
- Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management
- Offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management
- Understand technical issues and drive them to full closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making
- 30-40% travel is required.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 8-10+ years of combined experience in project management and engineering delivering products comprised of multiple materials and high esthetic quality.
- Experience with scaling to high-volume device manufacturing / automation (medical, pharma, consumer electronics or food/beverage industry).
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity and scope changes.
- Detailed knowledge of product development processes as well as a strong understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Experience interfacing with Quality, Regulatory, Operations, Engineering, Marketing, Product Development and NPI groups
- Detail orientation with a strong quality mindset. Enjoy working in a team environment.
- Clear verbal, written, and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all business levels and functions, both internally and at Suppliers and CMs
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
Back to top