Senior Director, Quality
JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is searching for a Senior Director, Quality to lead Process Validation world wide. The role will lead and work with our CMs to execute validation and change management, which meet FDA/ISO, customer, and regulatory requirements.
- Serve as a JUUL Process Validation Global lead to improve awareness, visibility, communication on quality initiatives to support departmental, functional, site, divisional and corporate quality goals and priorities.
- Drive our Process validation Management and Quality program working with procurement, and supply chain to enable robust process validation management and streamlined oversight processes.
- Provide guidance and expertise to cross functional stakeholders on matters pertaining to process validation controls, significant concerns related to process validation quality performance, validation protocol execution, issue escalation, and compliance.
- In all actions, demonstrate a primary commitment to consumer safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, and if applicable, drive those practices throughout their organization.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Develop and articulate a strategic vision for areas of responsibility. Lead assigned departments by developing, communicating, and building consensus for goals and programs that support division, business unit and company objectives.
- Determine and establish organizational structures and supervisory relationships, subject to top management approval. Responsible for managing a major segment of the site function, plant, division, and / or region.
- Contribute ideas for improving work processes and achieving organizational goals; investigate and solve problems that impact work processes and personnel in multiple units or departments.
- Represent the organizational unit as the prime internal and external contact on contracts or operations. Conducts briefings and technical meetings for top management and customer representatives.
- Provide quality leadership for network projects to achieve streamlined and harmonized processes aligned with global health authority requirements and expectations.
- Deliver on strategic initiatives in network raw material and component programs to ensure timely and efficient implementation including material certification and testing.
- Working with the site quality and compliance teams, develop network solutions to global Quality issues in priority areas.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in medical device/pharmaceutical manufacturing environments.
- Minimum of 10 years of Quality management experience.
- Ability to build strong, trusting relationships, and work across divisions, diverse business backgrounds and cultures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated capability to achieve success when working and leading virtual teams in a matrix organization by building strong collaborative relationships.
- Demonstrated experience leading through influence and working in cross functional teams to investigate and manage quality and compliance related issues.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and have appropriate judgement to make or facilitate decisions.
- Strong project management and execution skills, and is able to manage multiple projects and prioritize as needed. Ability to plan and conduct projects within a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Has a proven track record of delivering results and is action oriented.
- Domestic and international travel required, up to 50% of the time
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Life Sciences, or Applied Sciences. Master’s degree preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Back to top