Senior Director, Finance & HRIS Systems
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Are you looking for an opportunity to ensure world class Finance and HR applications operations and services to support our business, customers and partners worldwide? Are you a hands-on leader who thrives in architecting finance solutions including Procure-To-Pay, Record-To-Report capabilities as part of a revamp of the global ERP footprint? Do you like to build vendor relationships and optimize technology investments? If this sounds like you…Let’s connect!
We’re looking for a senior leader in San Francisco, CA to manage our Finance Business and HRIS Applications team. This role is highly cross functional and will work with the business, finance business partners, accounting, FP&A, and HR. It requires someone who can operate as a architect (both business process and technical), project manager, and product manager. It is a dynamic and challenging role, and highly respected on a team that relies on software\technology as it's engine. Those who are willing to roll up their sleeves and dive in to help make a long-term impact will be a strong cultural fit here. Our culture will empower you to make effective decisions, work collaboratively, and take accountability for providing world class service.
The Senior Director, Finance & HR Applications is a senior leadership role reporting to the Vice President of Enterprise Applications. The leader of this team is a line manager that plays a mission critical role and ensures that through their leadership their teams keep Juul’s “Lights on” to provide highly available enterprise applications to Juul’s business, partners and customers.
In partnership with our Finance and HR business partners, this role will prioritize and organize resources (both human and capital) and manage all staff and operations to help drive agility, innovation, automation and speed in technology road-mapping, project prioritization and implementation while ensuring the consistent, stable, and efficient operations for the management of technology solutions. This role also collaborates in strong partnership with the Juul’s business operations teams. Gathering and analyzing internal and external customer needs is critical in developing our digital IT strategies and system requirements. This role will build a global team ground up comprised of IT employee professionals and externally-sourced IT professional contractors. This person will assist with strategic planning and visioning for the IT Enterprise Applications organization, develop plans that help the finance business unit and function within Juul Technology to achieve their strategic objectives, ensure efficient implementation and execution of planned initiatives, oversee the department’s budget and personnel planning, and generally oversee all areas within the Finance and HR IT group.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a $5M-$6M budget annually
- Lead a global team – comprised of IT employee professionals and externally-sourced IT professional contractors
- Leads system solution evaluations and product due diligence analysis using industry best practices benchmarks
- Develops strategy and provide leadership role in IT outsourcing/insourcing activities including RFPs, evaluating pricing and technology solutions offerings
- Interfaces with all levels of management, implementing processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across business and technical functions
- Defines a vision and roadmap for Finance and HRIS systems
- Perform leadership role in identifying opportunities for further leveraging cloud technology and define business cases for migration where appropriate
- Understands the overall corporate and business units’ product roadmaps and identifies how the Enterprise Applications teams need to maintain, adjust or evolve to support planned direction
- Develops, manages, and controls departmental expenditures against the operating expense and capital budgets
- Stay abreast of existing and emerging IT and industry trends and relevant business developments associated with current and new technologies
- Interfaces with key partners and vendors, ensuring they understand project deliverables, meet timing and cost deadlines, and collaborate with internal project stakeholders while augmenting internal team resources
- Works to drive and implement best practices across all platforms, digital innovation, process automation, and emerging technologies that fit business requirements
- Communicate successes throughout Juul’s supported by metrics and KPIs illustrating the business value of IT solutions
- Ensures that the development and implementation of mission-critical services, enterprise business systems, applications, technology platforms, and e-commerce back office functions can be supported operationally and scale to business objectives once they are implemented
- Ensures clear communication of project scopes, timing, prioritization, budgets, resource needs, and progress on an ongoing basis
- Assess the underlying information and technology environment within the organization making recommendations regarding how to invest in and apply best practices and innovative technology while achieving long-term scalability, reducing operational costs, better supporting business processes, and driving change management within the organization.
- 10+ years of IT experience leading global teams
- MS degree in Computer Science or related engineering field, or equivalent experience
- Experience leading a global IT enterprise applications or other operations team with sizable budgets (implementation of ERP systems, HR systems like PeopleSoft HR, SuccessFactors and/or Workday). Cloud ERP and CRM system implementation experience is big plus
- A passion for developing, coaching and mentoring a team of mid to senior level managers; strong in hiring, team building and organizational development
- Develop and maintain relationships with leadership across multiple divisions
- Experience in leading inter-organization change to increase efficiency through the implementation of technology
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple, concurrent projects while meeting aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment, including ability to manage multiple project resources, with extensive project planning and execution skills
- Possess an orientation for results and excellence, inspire confidence and demonstrate conceptual and analytical thinking, initiative and flexibility
- Management and execution skills to deliver and operate enterprise services on time, on budget and with reliable quality
- Experience managing compliance and controls for SOC/SOX, ITGC controls
- Leadership in continuous quality improvement, financial planning, P2P, R2R processes and HR processes (Hire to Retire)
- BS and MS degree in Computer Science or related engineering field, or equivalent experience
- Relevant certifications in major ERPs (SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics etc)
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Meet Some of JUUL Labs's Employees
Mechanical Engineer, Engineering
Working as part of the Product Team, Claire aims to bring a better product to JUUL customers. She works on prototyping, designing, and testing to meet changing customer needs and improve the overall experience.
Back to top