Senior DevOps Engineer
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is located in New York, San Francisco, or Victoria BC, Canada. We are also open to remote candidates located in the United States.
The Senior DevOps Engineer develops and manages software continuous deployment and integration processes, alerting and monitoring frameworks and builds and maintains the systems and network infrastructure hosted in our AWS environment.
This includes working with our high volume eCommerce platform and involves building and maintaining our dockerized environments, ensuring sufficient capacity for traffic spikes and monitoring system health and performance across the entire stack from load balancers to databases.
This position works closely with our internal software developers, external partners and service providers to ensure our systems are stable, reliable and provide a fast, responsive experience for our customers.
- Build, maintain and optimize a multi-tier software packaging and code deployment system
- Develop automation scripts for provisioning and auto-scaling of infrastructure
- Ensure 99.999% uptime and availability of key production systems and supporting infrastructure
- Monitor system performance and log data; look for precursors to issues before they become bigger problems
- Apply aggressive systems security best practices and ensure accurate logging and alerting of security-related issues
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to ensure smooth deployment of software changes and work with project teams on major infrastructure overhauls and upgrades
- Stay up-to-date on all current and future AWS services and tools and provide guidance and evangelism on how best to make use of cloud infrastructure to support company growth
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7+ years experience managing production infrastructure within Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Deep experience with the Linux command line, shell scripting, automation of common tasks, and configuration of system monitoring tools
- Expertise in setup, deployment and management of systems provisioning and configuration management frameworks such as Puppet, Chef, Docker, Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.
- Integrated monitoring tools: Datadog, New-relic, etc..
- Expert-level understanding of Git and software revision control and code deployment best practices; proven ability to design and develop automated code deployment scripts
- Familiarity with LAMP/LNMP application stacks; strong knowledge of nginx configuration
- Familiarity tuning SQL databases for scale and performance
- Knowledge maintaining job management systems
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Communication – Listens well; expresses ideas fluently and logically; is open to input and can be depended on for truthfulness
- Teamwork and collaboration – Creates an atmosphere of openness and trust; collaborates; offers support and encouragement
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment; can handle occasional high-stress situations with focus and determination
- Willing to participate in a shared on-call rotation with other team members
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related fields or equivalent work experience
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Back to top