Senior Associate, Strategy
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role is a critical part of an internal team. The role supports the team in analyzing and developing findings to advise the Corporate Strategy and Executive Leadership teams. Their purpose is to deliver value by using their expertise and knowledge to help inform internal clients and external advisors on complex and cross-functional projects which will drive strategic initiatives to position the company to compete for customers and support employees.
The role supports the development and execution of short and long-term growth strategies. The Senior Associate, under direction from the Director Corporate Strategy, will work to identify, evaluate, structure and recommend various business solutions that the team can present to the executive team. They will be a key member in the development and review of critical documents that will advise and facilitate these opportunities across the company.
- Develop effective communication and presentations to formulate successful implementation of the business’s strategic objectives and processes, engaging in sensitive and high-value cross-functional business initiatives
- Work under the direction of the Director Corporate Strategy to support the development and identification of business strategies and objectives (both long- and short-term) and facilitate driving business and project initiatives for executive leadership and key stakeholders within the business
- Work closely with cross-functional team collaborators utilizing best practices to learn and inform on projects
- Engage as a member of a high-performing team who will be a key in driving the success of the department.
Strategy Definition/Planning/Performance Management:
- Assist with the design and support of the strategic planning process across various business projects to ensure the team is a trusted and critical voice to the business’s executive leadership and relevant stakeholders during strategy formulation, development, and execution
- Design and support a regular cadence of executive reporting to improve visibility and tracking against business KPIs
- Support the development of priority initiatives to accomplish long term strategic and executional objectives
- There will be various opportunities for personal development, team development and learning in a fast paced and evolving environment
- The role is highly collaborative, working with cross-functional teams to support the departmental strategies to advance the overall business strategy and drive the key strategic initiatives on various business projects
- Develop materials, presenting key insights, feedback and financial modeling analysis to ensure appropriate financial assumptions and due diligence activities are incorporated into the model and are included in the process to facilitate informed decision-making and strategy formulation and process improvement
- Prepare and provide analysis to define the business’s and financial analytical frameworks to support and highlight critical business issues and needs
- Support the evaluation of opportunities through analysis of potential business, inclusive of competitive, financial, market and performance analysis, technology platforms, and strategic fit
Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree, in-process, in Business Administration, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or another related business field.
- A collaborative, hands-on and results oriented individual, with technical finance background and able to thrive in a rapid growth environment
- 3+ years in a Strategy Consulting or Corporate Strategy position in a fast-paced, dynamic and cross-functional matrix business environment
- Experience collaborating within a strategy team through various projects leading to strategy optimization and business performance improvement and understanding
- Experience assessing and understanding sensitive business project issues by performing analyses and reviewing appropriate measures with the team and/or superiors to address the issues and potential solutions
- Practical working experience in growth strategy implementation, strategic planning, complex financial analysis, analytical and valuation skills with strong critical-thinking and sound business judgment, including working with a team to present options for developing a strategic perspective for target identification and evaluation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and effective listening skills are a fundamental requirement to both convey information and instructions which are clear, understandable, unambiguous, engaging and convincing and to understand direction and input from key stakeholders
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to establish and communicate a framework for problem solving or structuring ambiguous tasks and analysis
- Strong ability in building analytical models for the business as well as developing regular performance, financial, market, and competitive analyses to present insights to inform strategic decision-making and identification of business opportunities across various business fronts
- A passionate team-member with the ability to work well within and across multi-functional teams, be a strategic and creative thinker, have a positive can-do attitude, and work well in a constantly evolving environment
- Open and welcoming to change, be results oriented, be self-motivated and proactive, have exceptional problem-solving skills, work comfortably with senior business management, and demonstrate an ability to stay calm under stress and uncertainty
- Demonstrated people skills and an ability to work closely with a cross-functional group and assist the team in moving key stakeholders in a unified direction and with a shared vision. They will be able to easily develop relationships with others, being an approachable and likable individual
- This role will be a trusted member of the team able to readily follow the directives and insights, and present their findings to their team and cross-functional teams alike
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Meet Some of JUUL Labs's Employees
Claire O.Mechanical Engineer, Engineering
Working as part of the Product Team, Claire aims to bring a better product to JUUL customers. She works on prototyping, designing, and testing to meet changing customer needs and improve the overall experience.
Back to top