- San Francisco, CA
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
The Scientific Librarian provides planning and support in the development and management of centralized digital library system systems, services, and process improvements to support the Scientific and Regulatory Operations.
- Database searching, cataloging and classification of library materials, and serving as webmaster for the library repository.
- Design, build, own, run and maintain scientific literature libraries and persistent literature search operations.
- Support scientific intelligence gathering and dissemination.
- Monitor compliance with all applicable laws and regulations promulgated by the government or other third parties pertaining to copyright issues.
- Demonstrate fundamental product knowledge to effectively contribute and support JUUL’s Scientific and Regulatory Operations strategies and objectives.
- Ensure appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) are in place to control the dissemination of scientific information within corporate services.
- Develop and maintain cross-functional collaboration with internal teams, including: Regulatory, Communications, Marketing, Government Affairs, Legal, and International.
- Perform and complete administrative responsibilities and internal projects, activity reports, expense reports, etc.
- Proficient understanding and application of current laws, regulations and JUUL Labs Policies, Code of Conduct, privacy and data guidelines, relevant state and federal laws and regulations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Library Science.
- 3+ years biotechnology, pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Bio-engineering, life sciences, Tobacco industry, and/or information management experience is required.
- Experience in:
- Reference management software (EndNote)
- Setting up, managing and maintaining content library infrastructure and literature database
- and/or creating a content library
- Regulated environment or willingness to learn requirements of a Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) regulated company.
- Systematic Literature searching protocol development and related application use Professional experience in scientific or other special libraries
- Website management and content development a plus
- A commitment to operational excellence and optimization of workflows is critical.
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally.
- Fortitude to integrate and implement new operating processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and Google Suite applications.
- A strong team player and effectively interface with other internal departments.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Back to top