Retail Service Operations Analyst
JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
About This Role
The Youth Prevention Analyst role is at the forefront of JUUL’s efforts to prevent underage users of the product and protect JUUL’s vision of switching adult smokers from combustible cigarettes. This role is best suited for an individual passionate about using data to drive impactful decisions, while looking to ensure the security and integrity of the supply chain for JUUL’s primary customers: adult smokers looking for a better alternative.
You will support the retail service team as part of our youth prevention efforts to optimize processes and get the most out of the technology and data that helps them execute. This is an exciting opportunity to turn a fast-growing youth prevention organization into a data-driven, technology-enabled team. As part of the larger youth prevention operations org, you will be the eyes and ears of retail services field team identifying how JUUL can consistently iterate on the technology enabling the team and improve the processes they employ in the field. In this role you’ll be wearing different hats, so you should be comfortable jumping in and out of projects both analytical and operational.
What You’ll Do
- Enable: You will provide daily support of the field team launching new technology features, tackling questions about their account data, reporting trends in their territories, and providing ongoing enablement of Salesforce.com and related tools.
- Partner: You will collaborate with key stakeholders (i.e. Data, Sales, Trade Marketing, Enablement) to gather and analyze structured feedback to improve productivity via Salesforce.com and related tools. Collaborate with peers across the business to improve the overall effectiveness of our go-to-market activities.
- Insights: You will be the reporting engine for your regional team to translate standardized reports into actionable insights for the retail services team.
- Evangelize: You are excited about technology and data and have a unique ability to spread your enthusiasm. Your role is to infect the field team with your enthusiasm for the tools that can make their jobs easier.
- Influence: You will develop a data-driven retail services team through driving understanding of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Performance Dashboards. You will track adoption through Salesforce reporting.
- Improve: You will proactively identify and act on opportunities for improvement across the retail management process. Work with division leaders to uncover bottlenecks and inconsistencies, and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Collect: You’ll be quarterbacking efforts to collect data from some 3rd party data sources and advocating for proper data structure for downstream analysis
- Preprocess: We’re ingesting data from a lot of sources, some are well structured, others not so much. You’ll help clean some of our datasets for use in analytics constructs. Over time you’ll help develop processes for wrangling data to make it as automated as possible
- Build: You’ll build Salesforce dashboards/reports for stakeholders to help guide their decision making. This could range from operational reports for our distributors to performance dashboards for our territory managers.
- Clarify: Data is often nuanced. As you start sharing reports and dashboard you’ll become the subject matter expert of that data and be able to explain it to non-technical stakeholders
- Share: As someone who’s exposed to a variety of data, you’ll have some unique insights. You’ll be able to form narratives that make us all more data driven.
What We’d Like to See
- Problem solver: You love finding solutions to technical glitches or roadblocks. It’s especially fun to collaborate across a dispersed ops team to find the optimal approach to managing our data.
- Systems: You know the difference between a CRM and an ERP. We’re looking for someone who can dive into Salesforce to surface insights for our market. Experience using Salesforce.com is a must.
- Operations: A big part of this role will be building out processes to better collect and analyze data. This means you’ll be working with retail services associates as well as technical personnel.
- Communication: An excellent communicator with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Customer Mindset: Understand how a P&L management works. Grasp the drivers of successful retail management.
- Adaptability: Anticipate and answer discrete and ambiguous questions about a new operation with numbers.
- Curiosity: You’re inherently motivated to dig deeper into business and technical problems
Personal and Professional Qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Advanced technical skills - SQL, Tableau, Salesforce, Marketo - a plus
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A track record of following through on commitments and deliverables
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
Bonus Points For
- Experience using Salesforce.com is a must
- Experience using Business Intelligence tools (Mode, Tableau or Looker) is a plus
- Retail/Sales/Customer service background, especially in an operations capacity
- Understanding the JUUL user
- Relevant advanced education or training
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability or veteran status.
Meet Some of JUUL Labs's Employees
Claire O.Senior Mechanical Engineer, Engineering
Working as part of the Product Team, Claire aims to bring a better product to JUUL customers. She works on prototyping, designing, and testing to meet changing customer needs and improve the overall experience.
Back to top