Research Supply Planner (Clinical)
- San Francisco, CA
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Research Supply Planner is responsible for the end-to-end management of investigational and non-investigational products (product delivery to destruction) and ancillary supplies for preclinical, clinical, and behavioral studies, in coordination with Clinical, Preclinical, Behavioral and Scientific Affairs. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience in clinical supply planning management, program or project management, with global experience preferred; an understanding of GMP principles; be able to independently manage clinical supply chain activities related to planning/forecasting, labelling, packaging, distribution, import/export, inventory management; and carry out reconciliation and destruction of clinical trial materials.
The Research Supply Planner will serve as an integral part of the Scientific and Clinical Affairs team, and will work closely with Program Management and Operational teams as a part of Regulatory and Scientific Operations.
- Create and maintain detailed clinical demand forecasts and scenarios using industry standard tools for multiple clinical programs
- Partner with clinical operations and program management to align clinical trial assumptions and translate protocol design(s) into program level forecast
- Track forecast against actuals and update the demand forecasts based on actuals, protocol amendments, strategy shifts, etc.
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement of procedures and tools used to maintain the forecast
- Plan and establish sequence of operations via clinical storage and logistics vendor to secure quality supply of investigational product to all trial sites and investigators on time
- Review production schedules, orders, and related information to establish and maintain accurate visibility to material/kits on hand, in process and required in the future in alignment with approved protocols
- Communicate with management, internal and external production site leadership, finance and supply chain colleagues to reconcile production against alternate forecast scenarios
- Develop, track and use leading and lagging metrics to recommend methods for reducing program risk and ensuring planned, predictable performance
- Confer with Clinical Operation and Operations teams, staff, and management personnel regarding trial and launch plans, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
- May require travel up to 15%
- Proper execution of this role is essential for successful studies as it defines clinical supply needs and delivers on those needs for all clinical programs
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ year of relevant experience and a Master’s degree.
- Scientific course of study or post-graduate training preferred
- Clinical supply experience highly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in business analysis, demand or clinical planning, forecasting, and/or supply chain planning for the Business Analyst level.
- Experience with clinical trial operations, project management, and or pharmaceutical or biotech research and development.
- Solution oriented with general knowledge of GxP / GMP principles.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, look-ups, formulas, data sourcing) and Data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Strong analytical, data analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Catered lunch and boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Back to top