Project Manager, Scientific and Policy Engagement
- San Francisco, CA
JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The newly created Project Manager, Scientific and Policy Engagement, will report into the Science and Policy Engagement [Regulatory] team. This role will be responsible for supporting multiple projects on behalf of science and policy engagement in the United States, as well as be a resource for JUUL’s international engagement teams. You will manage and execute processes for department logistics (e.g. conference attendance), create and maintain an infrastructure for data storage, and monitor international tobacco/nicotine regulatory and science developments with the objective to support JUUL’s goals of providing an accurate understanding of the characteristics of JUUL products, their use, and their public health impact in a structured and strategic way.
- Maintain JUUL Labs science engagement master calendar, including:
- Drive and track execution for internal attendance approvals and content approvals
- Provide strategic direction and communicate assignment of non-JUUL presented conference content to JUUL attendees
- Track, collect and maintain all scientific research across JUUL’s various researchers (e.g. behavioral affairs, toxicology, R&D)
- Keep abreast of relevant nicotine/tobacco policy and basic science. Create infrastructure to collect and maintain database of academic, industry and policy stakeholders
- Support global JUUL teams with science and policy materials to support respective efforts
- Help monitor international regulatory issues and identify issues where Science and Engagement team can provide assistance
- Keep up to date on stakeholder research and policy positions, communicate updates to broader team(s) as needed
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience in cross-functional project management
- Ability and desire to be hands-on, detail driven, and analytical
- Strategic thinker able to draw from expertise across corporate reputation, public affairs, public policy, crisis management and stakeholder engagement
- Collaborative mindset and experience working seamlessly across teams, practices and geographies
- BS/BA required; experience in government affairs, public health, public relations, scientific/research experience preferred
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Back to top