Project Manager, Regulatory and Scientific Operations
- San Francisco, CA
JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking a proactive and detail oriented Project Manager to join the Regulatory and Scientific Operations team under the Regulatory Science division to support expanding efforts. As a member of the Regulatory and Scientific Operations, you will work closely with subject matter experts, regulatory leadership and teams across the organization to coordinate all operational aspects (timeline, tasks, budget reforecasts, prioritization) for high profile projects/programs as assigned, assuring optimal execution and deliverables. You will be accountable for project management, facilitation, and general operational management for day-to-day activities for large, cross-functional efforts, and high-priority strategic initiatives in alignment with the regulatory and business strategy of JUUL Labs.
The successful candidate is a strong team player who thrives on accountability, has a passion for supporting the drive of flawless execution, and expects the same from others. This position is ideal for those who thrive in fast paced environments, can comfortably communicate across several specialties and is willing to learn in a constantly changing landscape.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Teams: Function as a liaison between functional areas in order to facilitate project planning and project delivery. Lead functional team meetings and monitor projects (track statuses, maintain study level tracking systems, oversee forecasts, progress, and proactively seek mitigation plans) to ensure operational aspects remain on track. Utilize scientific and regulatory knowledge to review and approve plans, offer solutions or adjustments to study plans. Manage and mentor indirect and direct reports.
- Planning and Tracking: Utilizes project management techniques to identify, develop and maintain planning tools, in support of the assigned functional areas/programs in order to facilitate standardization, planning and coordination across disciplines and programs. Fosters clear communication and strong working relationships with department leaders, subject matter experts and individuals within each functional group.
- Collaboration: Leads and coordinates joint meetings, generates tools and communications in order to optimize the collaborative environment. Assists in creating new specialty group, organizing regulatory applications, providing guidance for broader business teams, transfers project operations, and proactively seeks out areas for improvement
- Information: Creates and maintains project files to reflect up-to-date timing of projects and reports status and readout to Senior Leadership as necessary.
- Communication: Ensures effective, accurate and timely communication within or across departments or functional areas. Realigns communication methods to various audiences to help bridge gaps in understanding and comprehension.
- Problem Solving: Identifies opportunities and creates tools and mechanisms for monitoring progress and problem solving within the function or department. Leads defining and document working / best practices that can be used across other projects. Provide strategic direction in assessment of relevant new technologies and procedures and provide recommendation to senior executives for improvement and development of department.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working knowledge of project management techniques and concepts and their application to federally regulated environments
- Working knowledge of scientific concepts, especially across clinical, nonclinical, and behavioral sciences as they relate to electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS)
- Core competencies: Action oriented and organized. Demonstrates excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with team members with tact and diplomacy. Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritizes accordingly with effective time management skills (both project and self).
- Core values: Entrepreneurial spirit and passion to seek-out new opportunities self-driven; to add value, implement change, and work collaboratively. Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character. Superior judgement on maintaining confidential information at all times and interacting with senior leadership.
- General proficiency with relevant software: JIRA, Propel, Asana, Smartsheet, Microsoft Suite, in addition to general knowledge of shared work environments.
- General understanding of regulatory environments, especially Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), or willingness to quickly come up to speed
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Scientific field with at least 5-8 years of relevant project management or regulatory work preferably at in a regulated environment
- Scientific research experience preferred
- Experience in regulatory filings (FDA) highly preferred
- ICH GCP and/or PMP Certifications a plus
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Back to top