Preclinical Operations Project Associate
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Using project management knowledge and experience, and with some guidance and direction from the supervisor and/or functional leads, the Preclinical Operations Project Associate plans and coordinates all operational aspects (timeline, tasks, budget reforecasts, prioritization) for projects/programs activities and deliverables, primarily for Preclinical Development.
- Teams: Functions as a liaison between functional areas in order to facilitate project planning and project delivery. Provides support to, or between, functional areas which may include meeting logistics as well as the creation of templates, working and best practices, tracking and monitoring tools (in Microsoft Project) and general training support. Along with members of the Preclinical Operations Team, facilitates timeline, “Efforts” and budget reforecast meetings within functions.
- Planning and Tracking: Utilizes project management techniques to identify, develop and maintain planning tools, in support of the assigned functional areas/programs in order to facilitate standardization, planning and coordination across disciplines and programs. Develops good communication and working relationships with department leaders, line managers and individuals within each functional group.
- Collaborations: Supports and coordinates joint collaboration meetings, tools and communications in order to optimize the collaboration environment.
- Information: Maintains project files to reflect up-to-date timing of projects and ensures that project files are maintained with required tags for reporting.
- Communication: Ensures effective, accurate and timely communication within or across departments or functional areas.
- Problem Solving: Identifies opportunities and suggests tools and mechanisms for monitoring progress and problem solving within the function or department. Assists with defining and document working / best practices that can be used across other projects.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working knowledge of project management techniques and concepts as they apply to the drug development / pharmaceutical industry.
- Core competencies: Action oriented and organized. Demonstrates excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with team members with tact and diplomacy. Handles multiple projects and priorities with excellent time management skills (both project and self)
- Familiarity with relevant software: JIRA, Smartsheet, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, in addition to general knowledge of shared work environments..
EDUCATION: Bachelor's or Master’s degree with 3+ years of relevant project management experience
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Back to top