Operations Engineering, Programs Director
Operations Engineering, Programs Director
at JUUL Labs
ABOUT JUUL LABS
JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
We seek a highly motivated Operations Engineering, Programs Director to manage and lead key initiatives within the Operations Engineering Organization.
This person is responsible for the management, execution and implementation of key operations program launches at Juul for next generation products, and for coordination the operations engineering team activity.
This person will be managing a team of cross functional experts and contributors who are responsible for developing, and delivering next generation equipment processes for future products.
This person will interface with Product Design, Automation engineering, production, NPI team, quality, manufacturing engineering, etc. to provide support and expertise as required. Working cross functionally, this person will also utilize his/her team to investigate strategic future processes to improve JUUL products.
- Provide guidance and direction to a group of existing and TBH experts in multiple disciplines required in device assembly, pod manufacturing, and packaging
- Build out and lead teams as required to support the objectives and needs of JUUL Labs
- Align team OKRs and goals to the strategic objectives of the organization
- Develop processes and requirements for improved manufacturing capability
- Lead and develop projects that improve production output, cost, etc. and make recommendations to senior management
- Provide support to
- CM site sustaining teams through work on characterization and onsite issue solving
- Product engineering team requests as required
- Regular travel to pilot, launch and production sites to understand challenges and translate those visits into actions for the technology team
- Manage team execution of a variety of routine technical tasks including DOEs, RSMs, RCCA, 8D, FA, etc.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 15+ years of experience in high tech field – semiconductor, solar, medical devices, PCBA, etc.
- 7+ years of experience in a senior engineering or technology management role
- Demonstrated success
- introducing new processes into a production environment
- influencing others
- managing highly technical individuals in a rapidly evolving environment
- breaking complex issues into tangible deliverables for the team
- Experience working with multinational cross functional teams in high volume manufacturing
- Practical understanding and experience with characterization techniques required to support the role: i.e. metallography, microscopy, chemical analysis, mass spectrometry, etc.
- Expert understanding in DOEs, gauge R&R studies, tolerances, etc.
- Understand equipment to process dependencies and how to optimize machine performance in conjunction with process changes
- Travel: 30-35%
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
JUUL Perks & Benefits:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities.
Back to top