Manufacturing Test Engineer
Manufacturing Test Engineer
ABOUT JUUL LABS
JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
The Manufacturing Test Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the test process, including data generation and reporting, and issue identification/resolution. She/he must have the ability to plan and execute projects to completion on time at required performance levels, including complete and accurate documentation. The role requires a clear understanding of statistical methods/tool utilization for optimization of test platforms. She/he will define and implement electronic and mechanical test solutions, and be responsible for implementing test solutions in a high-volume manufacturing environment at our contract manufacturers and up-stream component suppliers. The Test Engineer will participate in product failure analysis and warranty claims analysis, and contribute to efforts to standardize and optimize test performance across the product line. She /he will develop and refine design process methodology with peers and management team, including all the basics design / process, cost, FMEA reviews, etc.
- Develop test strategy and test plans for new products by partnering with design engineering and suppliers
- Develop and maintain in-house test software framework and scripts.
- Design, develop, document and maintain manufacturing test equipment, programs and procedures at the contract manufacturers and external suppliers.
- Work with and manage suppliers to develop test fixtures to ensure correct performance and quality per design requirements
- Analyze, troubleshoot and root cause manufacturing yield issues and field escapes. Drive issues to closure with preventive measures
- Provide on-site management of manufacturing partners to manage production line bring-up including fixtures and test stations.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 5+ years’ experience with high volume consumer electronics design validation and production line test methodology design and implementation
- Hands-on experience in manufacturing tests: board-level electrical, RF, battery/power and sensors
- Expert troubleshooting abilities in the areas of test SW and fixtures.
- Strong experience in programming and scripting e.g. Python, C++, LabVIEW, etc
- Proficient in analog and digital circuit debug. RF is a plus
- Nice to have experience with data analysis, and understanding of GR&R, CpK, correlation and other process control-related statistic.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Computer Science preferred). Advanced degree preferred.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Back to top