JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Manufacturing Engineer plans and oversees the execution of manufacturing process development for NPI, continuous improvement and product or process issue resolution projects involving Juul Labs, contract engineers, contract manufacturers (CMs) and upstream suppliers. She/he will drive the completion of the design of experiments, process qualification, issue root cause analysis, process changes and risk analysis at contract manufacturers and upstream suppliers. The ME will identify opportunities for process and yield improvements and cost reduction by analyzing manufacturing processes, defect/scrap data, and complaint data and trends.
- Evaluates current manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops new manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Works with CMs and upstream suppliers to understand assembly and finished good manufacturing processes and acts as a technical expert to ensure repeatable and reproducible quality/reliability during the life of the product(s).
- Interfaces with CMs and upstream suppliers to support investigation of product/component/material issues or supply constraints and assists with troubleshooting remotely and/or on-site at the manufacturing facilities.
- Provides direction on a variety of routine technical tasks including the completion of First Articles, equipment qualifications, process validations, FMEA creation and engineering change requests.
- Works with R&D to evaluate complex mechanical and electronic assemblies, sub-assemblies, and printed circuit assemblies and ensure they are designed for manufacturability.
- Spearheads Six Sigma (Problem Solving and Process Improvement) and Lean initiatives to develop project opportunities to gain rates of improvement from manufacturing lines. Utilizes Design of Experiments to optimize manufacturing processes at CMs and upstream suppliers.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years’ experience with high volume FDA regulated manufacturing and/or process development
- 3+ years’ experience working on liquid filling (micro/small volume) and packaging manufacturing operations
- Excellent project management skills are strongly preferred.
- Good understanding of statistical methods, six sigma methodologies, design of experiments and lean.
- Previous experience in working with contract manufacturers is strongly preferred.
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines. The individual should be able to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a few of the following areas: Design Controls, Change Control and Validation within a FDA regulated industry, Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Lean Manufacturing, Process Control Concepts, Design of Experiments (DOE), and design/process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Willing to travel internationally and domestically up to 40%
- B.S. in Engineering from an accredited institution or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location : Deerfield, Illinois.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Back to top