Manager - Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- San Francisco, CA
JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) the Manager, DEI will own activation of targeted DEI programs that will positively impact JUUL Labs’ global workforce:
- Drive and execute on the DEI program strategy and operational plan, ensuring it scales and continues to meet the needs of our evolving employee population.
- Act as first level of program support for key partners and field employee questions related to philosophy, guidance, data and policy (advancing to Director, DEI where appropriate)
- Champion JUUL Lab’s Employee Resource Groups by ensuring effective governance, support, budget allocation, and a central DEI point of contact
- Provide exceptional program management support. This will include keeping partners appropriately engaged and up-to-date, actively resolving project, design, or resource issues, and collaborating with cross-functional partners
- Develop and track key performance indicators; measure and evaluate the efficacy of our DEI programs; utilize data to iterate on a strategy that will drive meaningful change
- Partner closely with People Team stakeholders to ensure that all DEI learning programs are inclusive and applied appropriately
- Manage all DEI related operations, including vendor management, project budgeting, logistics management, surveys & related action planning
- Improve existing internal programs and communication by integrating a DEI point of view and messages that influence and drive a culture of inclusion
- Research, help prioritize and support strategic events in partnership with existing Employee Experience team members
- You are obsessed with impact. You meet challenges head on with an eye for solutions and an action-oriented mindset—at the ready to roll up your sleeves and join in
- You mind the small stuff. Your deep sense of personal responsibility, combined with your strong attention to detail and organization, means you never leave a loose end untied
- You stay curious. You don’t accept things at face value and always question the status quo as you identify opportunities to innovate and break convention when you believe we should
- You tell stories using data. You instinctively ask for the right data. You are fluent with metrics to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of your work
- You build belief. You are an exceptional storyteller in both written and verbal interactions— clear, concise, and courageous yet supportive in tough moments
- You lead with humanity. You possess tremendous emotional intelligence, empathy and great judgment and, above all else, you are bright, kind and motivated by challenge
- You build enduring relationships. You possess influential thought leadership and current connections to industry partnerships and professional affiliations
- Minimum five (5) years of experience delivering thoughtful, measurable, and scalable equitable and inclusive programs and systems
- Previous exposure to equity, inclusion and diversity within high-growth, fast-changing companies
- Previous DEI work with geographically distributed employees, commercial and ex-US (ideally EMEA and APAC) is a plus
- BA/BS Degree required; Diversity & Inclusion Certification a plus.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Back to top