Hardware Engineering Project Manager
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering Operations, JUUL is looking for an Engineering Project Manager (EPM) to lead the design and development of JUUL products.
JUUL EPMs are responsible for managing and communicating project definition, development milestones, project schedules, validation/FA/CA and project status in the development of new products. An EPM must be able to prioritize issues and track the details as well as be in touch with the big-picture issues. EPMs must be fearless organizers who are ready to work with the highly skilled hardware, software, mechanical design and industrial design teams to identify and resolve potential risks to the schedule and risks to the quality of the product. The EPM is also the key interface to the suppliers, driving build readiness at the factory and managing the build itself. Success is defined in terms of the quality and timeliness of the pre-production builds and the start of mass production. EPMs also need to have a strong understanding of development and manufacturing processes - from part design to reliability testing, circuit board manufacturing, and production line bring-up.
We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. Cross-functional communication skills and experience are essential. The EPM will interact with all engineering design disciplines plus regulatory, reliability, marketing, packaging, manufacturing, component engineering, and other resources inside and outside JUUL.
- Maintain frequent communication within the Engineering, Quality and Product Management teams
- Create and maintain sustaining project schedules (4-6 projects at any time)
- Demonstrate cross-functional organization, communication, and management
- Create meetings and document action items and progress
- Support Quality functions: Reliability, Failure Analysis, Change Management, Corrective Action Management, et al.
- Travel to support manufacturing builds
- Report and present to senior management on project status and schedules
- Create parts, BOMs, and manage sustaining engineering changes through a Product Lifecycle Management system
- Follow JUUL Labs’ design control and documentation procedures (PLM experience helpful)
- Support new product development from Investigation Phase onwards until Mass Production
Skills and Experience Required
- BS ME/EE degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years in consumer products and/or other product development
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Strong technical background
- Strong track record of shipping products and managing them through their entire life cycle
- Experience working with off shore manufacturers and travel to manufacturing sites
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- International travel is required (approximately 20%).
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Back to top