Engineering Project Manager
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Reporting to a Senior Project Manager, JUUL is looking for a Engineering Project Manager (EPM) to support the design and development of JUUL products. This person will work primarily with the Firmware Team, but will also interact with the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering teams, as well as the App and Cloud teams.
EPMs at JUUL are responsible for communicating project definition, development milestones, project schedules, validation/FA/CA and project status in the development of new products. An EPM must be able to prioritize issues and track the details as well as be in touch with the big-picture issues. EPMs must be fearless organizers who are ready to work with the highly skilled hardware, software, firmware, and design teams to identify and resolve potential risks to the schedule and risks to the quality of the product. The EPMs will be a direct interface with suppliers while driving build readiness at the factory and managing the build itself. Success is defined in terms of the quality and timeliness of the pre-production builds and the start of mass production. EPMs also need to have a good understanding of the software development and manufacturing processes - from part design to reliability testing, firmware development and release process, as well as full understanding of all the team inter-dependencies that exist in software development and launch.
We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. Cross-functional communication skills and experience are essential. The EPM will interact with all engineering design disciplines plus regulatory, reliability, marketing, packaging, manufacturing, component engineering, and other resources inside and outside JUUL.
- Maintain frequent communication within the Engineering, Quality and Product Management teams
- Create and maintain project schedules (multiple projects at any given time)
- Own the SCRUM process and team calendar for the Firmware team, as well as dependencies for other teams
- Demonstrate cross-functional organization, communication, and management between multiple teams in different departments
- Create meetings and document action items and progress
- Support Quality functions: Reliability, Failure Analysis, Change Management, Corrective Action Management, et al.
- Travel to support manufacturing builds as needed
- Report and present to senior management on project status and schedules
- Create parts, BOMs, and manage sustaining engineering changes through a Product Lifecycle Management system
- Work in Jira to create stories, sub-tasks, epics, and bugs as needed to manage engineering teams’ work on a large and small scale
- Follow JUUL Labs’ design control and documentation procedures (PLM experience helpful)
- Support new product development from Investigation Phase onwards until Mass Production
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree required, a BS in engineering-related discipline is a plus
- 5+ years in consumer products and/or other product development
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Strong technical background, including the ability to communicate with people from different technical backgrounds (Mechanical, Electrical, and Firmware engineering)
- Strong track record of working on consumer electronics products
- Experience working in Jira, Rally, Bugzilla, or similar ticketing tools
- Experience working with off-shore manufacturers and travel to manufacturing sites is a plus
- Extremely strong organizational and management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- International travel may be required (approximately 10%).
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
JUUL Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability or veteran status. We comply with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and do not unlawfully discriminate against applicants with criminal convictions.
Meet Some of JUUL Labs's Employees
Mechanical Engineer, Engineering
Working as part of the Product Team, Claire aims to bring a better product to JUUL customers. She works on prototyping, designing, and testing to meet changing customer needs and improve the overall experience.
Back to top