Director, Test Equipment
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a qualified Director of Test Equipment to contribute to R&D initiatives. The candidate is a high energy, enthusiastic, effective manager working to lead R&D projects. You will be leading a group in the advanced technologies department that is responsible for developing and deploying test and measurement equipment designed to characterize Juul and other products.
You are a flexible, out of the box thinker, a hands-on engineer, a good communicator, and have significant practical experience developing and using test equipment and automation equipment.
- Work with a diverse team of talented and experienced engineers to lead development of test and measurement automation equipment for Juul’s advanced technologies test equipment group
- You will lead and mentor your team to hone their technical abilities and push them forward in their careers, while expanding your own technical boundaries.
- You are an experienced hiring manager with excellent people and organizational skills.
- Work directly with your team and other stakeholders to define your team’s roadmap, together.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other managers and engineers in R&D and Engineering to develop capability to test new products.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years of industry experience required
- Significant hands-on experience and understanding of electrical, mechanical, and software engineering concepts
- Familiarity with PLM systems strongly desired
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Enthusiasm and scientific integrity
- 5+ years’ experience leading and managing teams of engineers in the medical device, pharmaceutical, or electronics industries.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success in designing new products and new processes
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines; able to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in BS in Physical Sciences or equivalent is required. Advanced degree preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in our brand new Chemistry Lab in Mountain View
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C
Back to top