Director, Quality Systems
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is searching for a Director, Quality Systems. Reporting to the VP, Quality Systems, the Director, Quality Systems must be able to guide and manage Quality System stakeholders through times of ambiguity and change, and manage the activities of quality professionals responsible for multiple elements of the Quality Management System in the organization with responsibility for results in terms of compliance and product quality. As a senior member of the Quality team, this position ensures all quality system elements are implemented, compliant, effective, and efficient to meet the current and future needs of the Company sites and facilities. This position requires experience developing, implementing, and managing Quality Systems, and the ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Develops and implements the procedures for Quality System elements across departments and manages compliance
- Understands and assures conformance to regulations applicable to the Quality System across departments. Interacts with regulators during inspections
- Leads employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guides, coaches, directs, and develops direct reports
- Develops and articulates a strategic vision for areas of responsibility. Leads QMS initiatives departments by developing, communicating, and building consensus for goals and programs that support company objectives
- May participate in or manage quality assessments of internal operations and suppliers to analyze compliance and assess risk
- Interacts frequently with internal direct reports, functional peers and senior management
- Manages interactions with regulators and stakeholders to represent the company products, procedures and processes
- Identifies and manages continuous improvement projects with the objective of achieving quality, reliability and cost improvements
- Contributes ideas for improving work processes and achieving organizational goals; investigates and solves problems that impact work processes and personnel in multiple departments
- Develops plans and ensures adherence to budget for projects in responsibility
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years experience in medical device/pharmaceutical Quality, minimum 7 years of management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable regulations and standards for medical device and drug products - CFR 820, 210, 211, ISO 13485, ISO 14791
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Substantial interpersonal/influencing/negotiation skills
- Ability to build strong, trusting relationships, and work across divisions, diverse business backgrounds and cultures
- Has a proven track record of delivering results and is action oriented
- Solid project management skills
- ASQ Certification, ISO Auditor a plus
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree required, Science or Engineering preferred
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Back to top