Director -Operations Engineering, Program Management
ABOUT JUUL LABS
JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
We seek a highly motivated Director, Ops Engineering Program Management to manage and lead key initiatives within the Operations Engineering Organization.
This person is responsible for the management, execution and implementation of key operations program launches at Juul for next generation products, and for coordination the operations engineering team activity.
This person will be managing a team of cross functional experts and contributors who are responsible for developing, and delivering next generation equipment processes for future products.
This person will interface with Product Design, Automation engineering, production, NPI team, quality, manufacturing engineering, etc. to provide support and expertise as required. Working cross functionally, this person will also utilize his/her team to investigate strategic future processes to improve JUUL products.
- Provide guidance and direction to a group of experts in multiple disciplines required in device assembly, pod manufacturing, and packaging
- Build out and lead teams as required to support the objectives and needs of JUUL Labs
- Develop processes and requirements for improved manufacturing capability
- Lead and develop projects that improve production output, cost, etc. and make recommendations to senior management
- Provide support to
- CM site sustaining teams through work on characterization and onsite issue solving
- Product engineering team requests as required
- Regular travel to pilot, launch and production sites to understand challenges and translate those visits into actions for the technology team
- Manage team execution of a variety of routine technical tasks including DOEs, RSMs, RCCA, 8D, FA, etc
Personal Skills and Experience Required:
- 15+ years of experience in high tech field – semiconductor, solar, medical devices, PCBA, etc.
- Well developed understanding of the interplay between planning, strategic sourcing,
- manufacturing, process engineering/automation, logistics, and customer service
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for leading people, implementing smart processes, and working collaboratively
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including a very strong executive presence
- Exceptionally high level of emotional intelligence and ability to influence people and outcomes
- Superior problem solving skills and ability to think critically, incorporating sound judgement and business acumen to analyze information, remove roadblocks, and drive results
- Exceptional ability to make clear decisions and recommendations that balance strategic direction and guidance with tactical details and experience
- Proven ability to effectively lead, develop and manage a team
- Superior knowledge of project management techniques and best practices
- High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Project or related project management software
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character.
- Experience working with multinational cross functional teams in high volume manufacturing
- Practical understanding and experience with characterization techniques required to support the role: i.e. metallography, microscopy, chemical analysis, mass spectrometry, etc.
- Travel: 30-40%
- \Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline preferred
- MBA, PMP, PMI certification, Advanced degree preferred.
JUUL Perks & Benefits:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Mountain View, CA
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles, Mountain View, CA
Back to top