Director Marketing Strategy and Planning
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
JUUL is seeking a strategic and planning director to drive transformational global marketing process and initiatives. You will serve as a critical thought partner and will be entrusted to drive critical projects and lead annual strategy plans. You will work across marketing to explore complex business issues; conduct consumer, competitive and market analyses; create financial models and develop action plans.
In this role, you will leverage your management consulting and cross-functional corporate experience to help establish the global marketing strategy and lead key initiatives. You will engage senior leadership across the company including product, sales, technology, finance, regulatory and legal to coordinate planning across functions, ensure global consistency and elevate key cross functional projects.
- Manage cross-functional project teams to identify, analyze, and develop plans around critical strategic priorities
- Define business initiatives and plan and manage key strategic projects for our rapidly growing business
- Own key strategic checkpoints, author strategic and business plans, and reporting on weekly / monthly / quarterly results
- Provide research and analytical support to identify, evaluate, and implement solutions for strategic priorities or critical business issues that arise
- Provide thought leadership in key areas of the business and catalyze action against these priorities
- Contribute project management support and coordination among internal resources to successfully execute high-impact, cross-functional projects
- Work independently to design and lead projects related to market trends, consumer profiles, and competitive intelligence
- Direct and execute new business opportunities from visioning to concepting to analysis
- Organize and manage strategic meetings that drive the marketing agenda, running the week to week offense of the team (business reviews, staff meetings, project/initiative coordination, etc.)
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- 7-10 years of experience in a combination of management consulting and corporate roles
- Experience in the CPG, tech, biotech, or medical device industries
- Proven history of project leadership and positive results in a highly cross-functional, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Experienced in marketing planning and project management, or retail marketing strategy
- Experience designing and implementing best-in-class process with cross-functional partners
- Functional understanding spanning sales, product, brand, trade marketing, sales operations, supply chain, finance, and regulatory / legal
- Self-starter with ability to focus on tactical execution to get the job done
- Consultative mindset, with the ability to influence without direct authority, and to develop strong cross-functional partnerships
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools (Tableau, Salesforce, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field; top-tier institution preferred
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. JUUL Labs also complies with applicable employment eligibility verification requirements. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the country of employment.
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Back to top