Director, Global Wellness
- San Francisco, CA
JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
Director, Global Wellness
With your global benefits knowledge and experience, you’ll act as the strategic global leader of employee wellness at Juul Labs, Inc. Be accountable for the global assessment and benchmarking of our wellness offerings, a global strategy of what our offerings should be taking into consideration company priorities, and a roadmap of wellness adjustments over time that implements the global strategy. Be responsible for policies, plan design and governance of the company’s benefit plans and wellness programs globally. These programs support the company’s strategic priorities and people strategy and will improve the ability to attract and retain top talent.
Role can be based in San Francisco or Mountain View Office
- Lead the benchmarking and assessment of the company’s benefits and wellness programs.
- Build a high performance Global wellness organization including regional support in EMEA and APAC.
- Lead the design and development of the company’s benefit programs globally. You’ll build our global benefits strategy to align with our total rewards philosophy across all types of benefits including health and welfare, disability, life, retirement, wellness programs and employee perks
- Lead and manage the cost planning and financial oversight of benefit programs and policies globally, plus identify coordinated design opportunities to ensure relevance and alignment with the business priorities and Total Rewards philosophy
- Lead employee communications for all benefit initiatives to support engagement of employees and encourage appreciation and appropriate utilisation of the benefit plan/s
- Design and maintain the global holiday and absence calendars consistent with local regulations and customary practices of each market.
- Responsibility for the annual planning and implementation of the company’s benefit programs, including health and welfare, pension/insurance and perquisite programs
- Develop and implement the company’s wellness strategy globally. Oversee the development of initiatives, programs and policies that support physical and emotional wellness and healthy employees.
- Support the People and Total Rewards leadership to uphold benefits programs, governance, and initiatives
- Seek opportunities to consolidate, streamline, and expand existing programs/policies to drive operational efficiency and economies of scale
- Act as Project manager on all major benefit projects
- Lead employee communication and education efforts to enhance the perceived value of benefits delivered to employees and partner with other key stakeholders in the People function to change employee perception of compensation and benefits to thinking about these elements as Total Rewards
- Build out the core processes to ensure the effective delivery of benefit programs to employees in a way that enhances the employee experience and aligns to the company’s culture
- Demonstrate an understanding of the market dynamics and advise leadership on international benefits trends and regulatory changes
- Cultivate consultative services on matters of benefits policy rationale, interpretation and application by maintaining awareness of emerging trends and best practices
- Direct the research, design and development of the company’s benefit programs globally to attract, retain and motivate employees - consistent with the business priorities and total rewards objectives – with focus on cost management, wellness, emerging industry trends, market competitiveness and legislative requirements.
- Partner with global benefits brokers, consultants and vendor partners to ensure benefits are competitive and delivered with the highest level of service
- Lead benefits-related work associated with M&A activity and global footprint expansion – support the People and Total Rewards leadership on other initiatives or corporate transformation
- Ensure that the company’s benefits programs are compliant with all applicable laws and regulations
- Host the 401(k) committee and manage all legal / regulatory notices and compliance matters
- Coach, motivate, develop and lead a team of benefits professionals in multiple countries
- 10+ year experience in benefits or HR or comparable subject matter
- Must have experience in managing Global Benefit plans and policies in a complex and matrix environment.
- Experience managing Global Wellness programs or similar global engagement campaigns
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills to clearly summarize and effectively share complex information with various audiences
- Ability to initiate and handle multiple priority projects concurrently, be creative in thought but mindful of the business goal
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design workable solutions, manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, prioritize workloads, meet deadlines, and successfully implement projects
- Skills to work independently and as part of a team, especially build close working relationships with individuals across the business and among external advisors.
- Experience with Workday and HRIS systems and understanding how to leverage these systems
- Excellent relationship building and influence management skills. Ability to partner with country business leaders and present a benefits budget and strategy that is consistent with the country leader’s and overall business objectives.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Back to top