Director - Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Vice President of Employee Experience, the Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) will own the design, development, and activation of targeted DEI strategies that will positively impact JUUL Labs’ global workforce. We will look to you and your team to scale and embed recruitment, development, retention and employee engagement practices not only within the People Team but also across the organization—from the Corporate functions, Quality and Regulatory to the Commercial and Product teams.
As a senior member on the People Team, you will work closely with JUUL Labs’ leadership to help strengthen inclusive and equitable practices internally across our enterprise. You will serve as champion, change agent, advisor and subject matter expert for our global employee population both domestically and internationally. You will act as a trusted advisor supporting various teams across the business and at various levels—from individual contributors to c-level leadership.
- You see the forest and the trees. You are able to fly at 30,000 feet in setting DEI strategies and delivering DEI priorities two (2) years out as well as drive ground-level change
- You are a coach. You get personal fulfillment by succeeding through others and developing leaders through consultation and feedback
- You are obsessed with impact. You meet challenges head on with an eye for solutions and an action-oriented mindset—at the ready to roll up your sleeves and join in
- You mind the small stuff. Your deep sense of personal responsibility, combined with your strong attention to detail and organization, means you never leave a loose end untied
- You stay curious. You don’t accept things at face value and always question the status quo as you identify opportunities to innovate and break convention when you believe we should
- You tell stories using data. You instinctively ask for the right data. You are fluent with metrics to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of your work
- You are a signal in the noise. You thrive at leading others through ambiguity and change, balancing the short-term need to be nimble and responsive with driving longer-term progress
- You build belief. You are an exceptional storyteller in both written and verbal interactions— clear, concise, and courageous yet supportive in tough moments
- You lead with humanity. You possess tremendous emotional intelligence, empathy and great judgment and, above all else, you are bright, kind and motivated by challenge
- You build enduring relationships. You possess influential thought leadership and current connections to industry partnerships and professional affiliations
- Minimum eight (8) years of leadership experience delivering thoughtful, measurable, and scalable equitable and inclusive global programs and systems, from the ground up
- Previous exposure to equity, inclusion and diversity within high-growth, fast-changing companies with a technology element to their business
- Experience using data—both qualitative and quantitative—to tell stories and build belief
- Demonstrated success at operating as trusted advisor—through influence and established credibility— to not only career-entry employees but also VP and C-suite leadership
- Previous DEI work with geographically distributed employees, commercial and ex-US (ideally EMEA and APAC) is a plus
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Human Resources Management, Organizational Development or related field required; advanced degree preferred
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Back to top