Director, Analytical Chemistry
JUUL Labs' mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a qualified Director of Advanced Chemistry to contribute to R&D initiatives. The candidate is a high energy, enthusiastic, effective leader of a team of scientists on multiple R&D projects. You will be managing a team of analytical chemists, developing novel methodology, furthering basic understanding of aerosol phenomena, conducting experiments to characterize Juul and other products, and assisting the engineering team to design, analyze and test prototypes. You are a flexible, out of the box thinker, a highly skilled scientist, a good communicator, and have significant practical experience developing and using chemical/physical laboratory techniques and aerosol characterization. Prior experience managing a team of scientists required.
- Direct efforts in analytical test method selection, development, and qualification
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other scientists and engineers in R&D to develop new technologies.
- Stay current on literature in the field
- Train and mentor scientists and research associates
- Plan experiments to test ENDS products and prototypes
- Write and present reports on test results
- Develop budgets and hiring plans
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years of industry or academic (chemical, pharma, biotech) experience required
- Significant hands-on experience and understanding of analytical chemistry techniques required
- Some aerosol testing experience preferred
- Proven track record of successfully managing scientific teams
- Experience in building up a chemistry lab from scratch preferred
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Enthusiasm and scientific integrity
- Ph.D in Chemistry
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Daily catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in our state of the art Chemistry lab in Mountain View
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
Back to top